Everest 2019

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
I'd like to know who pays, how much and who gets the cash to stop any outcry to quit littering a beautiful piece of earth. I'd call it a pig pen but I raised pigs and they do all of their mess in one area. Except for the fondness of mud holes they're very clean animals.

In the past few years tons of trash have been cleaned off Everest, many dead bodies too. Human waste is a bigger issue, and several organizations are working on this. Nepal needs to do more in this regard, rather than just pocketing the permit fees.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
looks like a nice day... not much wind. prolly only about 25-30F below zero, and really... not that much traffic. he never really stopped moving. that guy in blue near the end using the Jumar looked confused. coulda been worse.... like this..

Everest-trek-traffic-866x487.jpg
Just makes me sad

It became a landfill of greed

I read an article about a guy that was standing in a line like that waiting for his 15 minutes at the top

He said while he was waiting two or three people fell over dead

Seems depressing to me

ZackyDog

Friend of Leo's
This 48 year-old CT woman has climbed it 10 times(!)

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
This 48 year-old CT woman has climbed it 10 times(!)

I can do all things through money which strengthens me

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
While not as dangerous, this was the scene at the summit of Wales' highest mountain a while ago. Too many people, everywhere...
1652758415256.png

And before the great border closure, NZ wasn't immune to 'peak-tourist' issues either. A LOT of folks here don't want them back, certainly not in pre-closure numbers anyway.

These kind of images (top) are all over the interweb, but the reality is in the lower image.
1652758172584.png

kuch

Tele-Meister
Also have read "Into Thin Air". It's so pointless and self aggrandizing these days.

+1 "Into thin Air"
It's an amazing non-fiction that exposes the "business" end of getting to the top of the world and the dangers and tragedy as a result of non-qualified people who want that feather in their cap.