Ever spilled beer in or on your guitar?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by afteryou, Jun 11, 2013.

1. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

I never did spill beer on my guitar, but I've had plenty spilled on me and my guitars. Once a girl was dancing in front of the band and spilled and entire glass on me, most of which ended up in my shoe. Squish!

2. BBill64

BBill64 Tele-Afflicted

My first gig with my current Tele, I spilled beer on it.

3. Olgabowl

Olgabowl Tele-Meister

4. TeleTim911

TeleTim911 Friend of Leo's

Let's see, beer all over my guitar, beer got knocked over on my Hammond one night, we've had an entire beer splattered all over our mixer, I can go on and on.

If electric, shut it down immediately. Otherwise, just wipe it off and keep going. The only thing it might do in your acoustic is smell funny in a few days.

5. TheFullMonty

TheFullMonty Tele-Holic

Rumor has it that a beer spill was the reason Luther Perkins' Esquire pots were frozen up, and in turn was the reason for the development of his legendary palm muting technique :cool:

6. bradpdx

bradpdx Friend of Leo's

In an Irish pub in Boston circa 1985, I played an extended slide solo with a (nearly) full pint of Guinness on a '59 Tele.

So, yes, I've spilled beer on my guitar. Totally worth it.

7. bradpdx

bradpdx Friend of Leo's

St. Johns has gentrified considerably since then!

I was always treated really well in biker bars. A heckler was no problem when 3 or 4 guys would literally toss him out the door.

8. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

same here, blood, sweat and beers.
    if the neck gets that wet you have to watch out for aquaplaning and don't skid past the intended fret. :lol:

SF, Mabuhay Gardens eh? cool, saw some punk band in '78 there.:cool:

Lol :D

9. joeford

joeford Friend of Leo's

a friend of mine, a very talented guitar player, had an entire 12 oz drain into the top vent of his crate blue voodoo amp at a show. we told him... but he just kept playing. soon it was smoking... but he just kept playing. he finished the set with a bonus fog machine...

of course, the amp was ruined afterwards. i guess the fried beer had caramelized all over his amp's guts. but he finished the set without a problem... which at the time i thought was the most punk rock thing i'd ever seen. dumb... but cool

10. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The bar I gigged at weekly had a small group of bikers who were regulars, a couple of them were bounty hunters as well. They never started any crap, but they sure stopped quite a bit of it. I had some drunk idiot try to pull me off the stage one night, and the bikers got to him before the bouncer could. Drunk dude was dragged outside and knocked around until they were satisfied that he learned his lesson. I made sure they never were thirsty from that point on. :D

11. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Red wine on my Martin triple 0 a few years back. It wasn't a laminated finish so it stained a little but it looked kinda cool so I just let it ride

12. jguitarman

jguitarman Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I played a gig in a dingy bar on the American River near Sacramento Saturday night. I stacked my two guitar cases side by side against the wall in front of the band next to the dance floor along with an ATA case for my pedalboard. I saw a few girls setting their drinks and purses on the ATA case and thought nothing of it. After the gig I noticed that all of the cases had plenty of spilled beer on them. I still need to clean them up.

About 8 years ago I played a party held in a barn and we were warned that it would be a rough crowd and it was, fights and all. During a song some guy got mad at another guy for dancing with his lady. He decided to throw his beer at the guy and hit me and the drummer instead. I had just put brand new S.Duncan pickups in my Strat and they get a bath. I started wiping down my guitar while the drummer went out to the dance floor to settle it with the guy. They were seperated and life went on.

13. Rhythm Thief

Rhythm Thief Tele-Holic

I got beer all over my bandmate's Les Paul while playing slide with a half full beer glass at a gig, about ten years ago. While this would be a complete non issue for me, he hasn't shut up about it to this day.:lol:

14. afteryou

afteryou Tele-Meister

Man now I'm gonna' have to go buy like a dozen cheap guitars to see which beer sounds the best. Personally I like Coors, but I'm thinking it'll take something with a little more hops. The kind of beer you have to strain through your teeth. Anybody know what Hank drank?:lol:

15. 4192362

4192362 Tele-Meister

Never heard that one before, Luther was a radio repair guy before he was a musician, i think he would have been able to fix it if that were the case.

16. picknfool

picknfool Tele-Holic

In the late 70's, a guy and his dog walk into the bar I was playing, and the dog wanders over, lifts his leg, and pees on my Martin D-35 that was sitting on it's stand. Don't remember what happened after that...

17. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

Does the Pope wear a funny hat?

18. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Never, ever, spilled Beer on any of my guitars.

I have had it spilled for me by somebody else.

Not cool.

19. LKB3rd

LKB3rd Friend of Leo's

Yes. I have spilled beer on or in my guitar.

20. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

Yes beer spilt on guitar, in guitar and in amp.
    Made a sticky mess o the back of my amp.

Beer on leads is the worst. Horrible setting up a week after the dousing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.