1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ever sit near a rude person on a jet?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jonny_Quest, May 14, 2013.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I used to fly weekly to Louisville to sign off on large packaging machines.

One flight, I had a large lady in a sun dress with a dog sitting next to me.

I don't want to be too graphic but you have to get the visual to understand how weird this was. The lady was large, she had a low cut southern bell style dress with a huge amount of cleavage exposed.

The flight staff told her that her dog had to stay in the carrier under her seat - FAA rules.

The woman was a fearful flyer and she kept taking the yorkie puppy out of the carrier in flight and she was clutching the dog agaist her breasts so tightly that fur was coming off the dog and swirling in air vent blow. There was hair flying in circular patterns all around our seats and the lady was sweating and clutching the and rubbing the dog.

Bitsy is so scared! Biitsy is so scared! I can't put Bitsy back under t seat! Bitsy hates to fly!

4 flight attendents talked to her about the dog and the oldest attendant who had white hair and looked like she had been flying for 40 years had to shout and threaten police action upon landing to get the woman to secure the dog.

The large lady with the dog was loosing it. I had hair all over my laptop and I was getting freaked out sitting next to her. She was ringing wet and fidgeting and stroking the dog so hard that she was hurting it.

That's my weird story.

2. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

I can still smell and hear 1984 on a Greyhound. Trailways, too. Back when people smoked on them. If I get behind a bus on the road these days and smell the fumes it brings me right back. Last time I rode one was when my Mom died several years ago.

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I rode the bus a lot when I was a kid. I'll bet my co-passengers have some tales to tell. Nah, they're all dead by now. Gee, I hope I ddin't have anything to do with that?!

4. tcadam

tcadam Tele-Afflicted

It still needs straps from the ceiling to hold on to.

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

You can buy this small wedge that you can jam into the seat in front of you to keep them from tilting it back.

EDIT: The Knee Defender!

[​IMG]

6. Maricopa

Maricopa Friend of Leo's

My daughter flew back from school one time with a story about an extremely rude woman that rode next to her giving her all sorts of grief about the amount of carry-ons she has (college student so she had books, laptop etc.) and at one point telling her that if they crashed they would both die because all my daughter's items would prevent them from getting out of the plane. :rolleyes:

I told her she should have said, "If we do crash, I'm eating you first....." :twisted:

7. BigDaddyLH

8. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

had an all night flight to New York once where it was almost empty... I put the arm rests up on my row, got blankets and pillows and slept across the whole row (I'm 6'3") only to be awakened by a couple having sex in the row next to me! there were 10 rows forward and probably 4 or 5 behind and they picked that row....

on a southwest flight in the early days, they used to have drink competitions and trivia contests on flights... I was on a flight for business and a bunch of people were on for pleasure and drinking hard and carrying on... when the trivia contest started... I was feeding the guy next to me the answers to some questions and he was winning bottles of wine and beer and whooping it up..

I was enjoying his victories, but he was going CRAZY about it, totally thrilled and kinda bragging... A guy who was a few rows in front just lost it and starts shouting at the guy next to me... and the WHOLE thing changes from reverie to out of control... the short of it, they come to blows in the aisle amid some really foul language and awful behavior. I jump up and pull the guy next to me away from the other guy and the copilot (or maybe a male flight attendant) pulls the other guy off... I push my guy into my seat against the window and I turn around and the other guy has gotten lose and is right in front of me and MAD.

He swings (drunkenly) and misses and I kind of tackle and wrap him up and two other guys grab him and shove him into a chair.

The pilot comes back and tells both of them that if they move or say one word they will go to jail... and then... my guy throws up and manages to get half of it on my laptop bag. This triggers about 3 other drunk people to follow suit. What a mess!

The flight attendants were furious and the rest of the flight was cleaning up and everyone being freaked out. I got off the plane and had to laugh... what a time!

This, of course, was well before 9/11...

9. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

Yeah, last time I traveled on a bus, I was smoking on it. I guess that's been a while.

10. 6942

6942 Poster Extraordinaire

The 250 pound woman who barfed in my lap, is still waiting for my Xmas card to her.

11. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

As a frequent flyer I have had more problems on American where I have an assigned seat and priority access (early boarding) than when flying Southwest and having to get in line like everyone else.

Southwest gets boarded faster and more efficiently than any airline I have flown with. I love the announcement when the aisle and window seats are all taken, "all the seats left are middle seats, so find that friendly looking man or woman and set down next to them so we can take off", or "people, you are not picking out furniture, all the seats look the same".

On American I was asked to give us an aisle seat to trade for a center seat if it would not be too much trouble so a Father and Daughter could set together. I asked why they did not book their seats together and was informed they missed their original flight and were flying standby. I explained that as a tall flier, I like the aisle because it allows me to stretch out my bum leg on longer than three hour flights. That I booked my flight a month ahead of time and was at the airport a full two hours before the flight left so I could make sure to catch my flight. Did they really want to inconvience me because of their lack of planning? They said, well yes...
    I said no way, and then the stewdress got involved... she did not see the issue, all the seats have the same leg room, even the center seats. And it is a Father and a Daughter, shoudln't they want to set next to each other. I explained that unless the airline was willing to comp me a credit I was staying put. I went back to reading my book and they eventually went on to three other people and asked them to switch which were rebuffed as well.
    So as the stewdress was doing the final seatbelt check, she looked at me and said, "Because you wouldn't switch seats we are going to be late taking off" and then stalked to the front...
    I got her name when she was "serving" us and promptly reported her to AA when we landed in Dallas.
    I guessed I needed to remind her that her company is on the verge of bankruptcy and only loyal fliers like me are keeping them in business...

Customer service in the larger airlines has gone out the window and they look at everyone as cattle, just like the other passengers...

12. BiggerJohn

BiggerJohn Friend of Leo's

I have been sitting in front of kids who were kicking my seat. Once it was so bad and did not seem to stop so I had to turn around and politely ask the parent to control the kicking.

13. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

14. Jonny_Quest

Jonny_Quest Tele-Afflicted

You asked that they stifle their creative impulses?!!....that may be suggestive of child abuse.....

;)

15. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nope...never sat by a rude airline passanger. My wife works for one of the largest airlines and I've been flying free for close to 35 years. Nope...every flight was perfect.

Have had some rides in really smelly taxi cabs though...

16. BigDaddyLH

17. buckfuzzard

buckfuzzard Tele-Meister

rude people suk

18. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

I had some fat arse bloke sit on my arm rest chatting to his buddy behind me...
    He had no idea of personal space.
    I asked what seat was on his boarding pass, cos he seemed pretty sure my arm rest was ok to perch on.
    I told him to F off and go back to his seat. I did the stewards a favour.

19. clayfeat

clayfeat Tele-Afflicted

What's up with people carrying on a bag of nasty smelling fast food and scarfing it down in their seat before takeoff? I just don't get that. Why wouldn't they just scarf it down in the terminal right after they bought it?

20. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Rude person, nope.
    Scared person, yup.
    A few year ago on a "hop" from Tulsa to Kansas City,
    our flight hit turbulence.
    My nearest seat mate, a (lovely) young lady started freaking out.
    She was a blown scene.
    I was glad it was a "hop".
    I gave her some chewing gum and told her we'd land soon.
    When we got to KC, I learned she was a grade school teacher.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.