1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ever notice how budget minded we tdpri'ers are??

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Voxcaster, Jan 16, 2012.

1. 63dot

63dot Friend of Leo's

I have been on a zen thing trying to de-clutter the house (old clothes, photo albums, high school/college homework papers, etc) and even though I got rid of a ton of things being paid off handsomely in extra space, I decided to keep the Ibanez Artcore. I could have got close to $300 for it in its mint condition with a list price of $533.

I know so many great guitarists who have just one electric guitar (even one who even owns a "School of Rock" and has a Grammy*), so who am I to have more than one electric guitar in a small 800 sq. ft. living space with wife and dog? I got over years of GAS but somehow I decided to keep that inexpensive yet nice Ibanez Artcore and for a cheap guitar, it's the best I have ever owned.

* - If that sounds weird, another local guy where I live who plays guitar fairly well and also has a Grammy (but as a classical violinist) has no guitar. What is funny is that the best guitarists I know, and have known, don't have a lot of gear. My guitar teacher played for Miles Davis and he had one guitar and was always broke. I think part of why the good guitarists have little is that outside of being a famous star, being a professional musician is a hard life.

2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

What I've found is that when I have lots of stuff, I feel I need it all, but when I de-clutter I realize that I even have lots of unnecessary stuff after clearing things out! Weird.

3. BradL

BradL Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

True enough that frugality (defined as value for money) rules around these parts but I don't see lotsa people hogging the CVs in my local guitar emporium. Every one there always seems to be checking out the Fender Custom Shop room and all the Gibbie Historics.

4. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Big Baby Taylor - $285 with case

[​IMG]

Seagull Grand (Parlor) - $219

[​IMG]

T-15 - $160 with Chainsaw case
    Backstage 30 - $40
    Darth Vador Helmet - $19.95

[​IMG]

Epi OOO - $80 with a MARS Music bag

[​IMG]

Maple bodied Yammi with solid top - $180 with hard case

[​IMG]

If you are frugal you can afford more guitars.

5. dada

dada Banned Troll

Wrong! I play my cheapies more than I play my expensive stuff, because they sound and play great, not because they are cheap. I have a Les Paul that is worth $3000+ and it doesn't mean a damn thing to me any more than my Squier CV or my MIM Nashville or my SX Furrian. They all are equal in my eyes, just different. I love cheap guitars!

6. Tele-Champ

Tele-Champ Tele-Holic

I picked up this used mint Dillion DR590A PRS clone in root beer finish in GC's used section for 200 bucks with hardshell case. Sounds and plays fantastic. The P90 soapbars sound great both clean and dirty. Has the wide, flat PRS-style neck.

It doesn't seem as if the guitar has ever even been played - still has the plastic on the TRC and backplate. My first P90-equipped axe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Absolutely! Some story-different guy. I was here, first. Then, I was trying to figure 'how to' find a great Tele without spending a fortune. They plan worked-see avatar at left!

8. dada

dada Banned Troll

can't possibly be good because it's CHEAP!:lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.