Ever just suddenly cringe over something stupid or embarrassing you’ve done in your life?

edvard

Friend of Leo's
Let's just say that if life were a Portal game, I'd probably be a Wheatley.

GLaDOS: Once, they even attached an Intelligence Dampening Sphere on me. It clung to my brain like a tumor, generating an endless stream of terrible ideas.

effzee

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I instantly heard a song title in those three words, so I wrote some lyrics, and a simple song using E and A.

View attachment 1058351

EVERY DAMN DAY - E
E
Every damn day.
A
Get up look in the mirror..... and then I say...
E
Every damn day.
A
Go out and see the kitchen mess I left that way...
E
Every damn day.
A
Get in the car and once again think that I'm doing ok,
E
Every damn day.
A
The police scanner once again is... calling my name.
E
Every damn day.
A
Sure hope I ain't going crazy or that I'm going insane
E
Every damn day.
A
Just another day in paradise, ain't any other way
E
Every damn day.
A
Get up look in the mirror..... and then I say...

It's every damn day.
Nice! So now I'm hearing a song in my head called "Every damned A" and I'm going to write it in Bb but throw in an A chord at the end of the chorus to punctuate that line. I mean the title when it comes around.

Yeah no I'm not really going to do that. I'm just going to finish my coffee and take a shower.

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
That's a roger. This thread dovetails neatly with the "How do you handle regret?" discussion. I do and say stupid stuff - occasionally - and do not handle regret well at all.

WireLine

Tele-Afflicted
Absolutely… these things became a problem when I could not sleep at night dwelling over things I did/said when I was a 4th grader

jumpnblues

Friend of Leo's
You don't have enough time in your life for me to tell you all the stupid things I've done in mine. Most things weren't what I'd call serious. Although some things were incredibly wasteful, like not studying at all in college. Just floating through. Being satisfied with average grades in junior HS, senior HS, and college (although I did maintain a 4.0 GPA in grad school). There are a gazillion other stupid things I've done. But it would serve no purpose to rehash them now. I'm not very forgiving of myself. At my age I should know better. And I tend to live in the past way too much. Since that's the case, I'll shut up now. IOW, don't get me started.

bowman

Friend of Leo's
I’ve done it, but I try to not have regrets. Which is good, I guess, because it makes me at least try to do the right things. But if I cringed over all the dumb stuff I’ve done, I’d be cringing 24/7.

stantheman

Doctor of Teleocity
Are You Kidding?
All the time, all day long, constantly.
My Life is a study of hiding in embarrassment for my actions.

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
Ok you guys aren’t telling us about the depths of embarrassing stupidity thats causing you to cringe! Luckily I have been stupid enough for all of us!! So,

Years ago I once went to my car to eat my sack lunch and cool off while listening to my earbuds.
Later, like late that evening after I was exhausted after a long day at work, I found my lone car out of gas with a dead battery… I had got out of the car with my earbuds on and left it running… I am a genius like that…

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Not lately.
I won’t call it wisdom, it’s more like experience.
The older I get, the less value I place on sharing my own opinion.
It keeps me out of trouble.

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
I have walked in to ca ca barefooted squishing my toes in humiliation. Most of it under the age of twenty.