1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ever get a Real Telecaster that did not measure up to your expectations?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Skydog1010, May 3, 2019.

1. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

Yes, the only fender tele I ever owned. A mid 90s mim. The strings did not go through the body, and it did not twang like i thought it should. I played it for maybe a year, discovered I liked the neck on a peavey reactor much better, and haven't owned a real tele since.

I've played some teles since that I thought were really nice guitars, but the necks are just not my preference.

2. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I'm not sure what a "Real Telecaster is", what does that even mean?

Why would you buy any guitar you hated in the first place?

But I pick up and strum all sorts of guitars, teles included and am pretty underwhelmed, but I know that (within limits) if I only have one guitar and have to keep it long enough, eventually I seem to tweak it enough, and replace enough stuff (even necks are cheap and very available now days). I learn to make it sound good, play good and stay in tune somehow.

"Little puppet full of pine...awake"

3. oceanblue

oceanblue Guest

Yes, 2 different Player teles last year, had to return both, issues with the bridge and twisted/bowed necks. Even the techs I brought them to said they need to go back, can't be made playable. So instead, built the one in my avatar and love it!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.