Ever exit a room and swat at the light switch like 3 times without hitting it?

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Ok, so we moved. New light switches everywhere. The stairs have a bank of 3 switches! First, you find the switch bank, then guess at which lights you want / overhead or landing or just footlights? Footlights? On a stairway? New to me.

oh yeah, and the switches on the pad at the foot of the stairs are in a different sequence than the pad at the top. Of course.

Kitchen has two different pads, each with 3 different switches, different setups. The middle switch near the sink is the garbage disposal.

We’ve been here since May, just getting the hang of it. Never moving again.

muscmp

Friend of Leo's
better check with your doctor re: the light switch.

could be worse with the kids as i was called "barney" the dog's name before they got thru the kids' names to me.

play music!

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
The problem is the stupid light switch. European ones look like this:
European-style-two-way-big-button-10A.jpg_350x350.jpg

brindlepicker

Tele-Meister
Nope haven’t done that yet. Was Coon hunting with an older guy though that took a swat at a possum on the side of the tree and he missed it and almost went down himself.

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
How about trying to put on your pants, your toe gets caught on the crotch of your jeans and sends you hopping across the bedroom like a lunatic? Gaaaa.

You can still put on pants while standing. Quitcherbitchen.

Calling your wife by your first wife’s name.:oops:

Catch myself. Its right there on the tip of my tongue sometimes and I know it.
One of these days and it shall not be a pretty day, no matter how I plead its a brain disorder...

Ok, so we moved. New light switches everywhere. The stairs have a bank of 3 switches! First, you find the switch bank, then guess at which lights you want / overhead or landing or just footlights? Footlights? On a stairway? New to me.

oh yeah, and the switches on the pad at the foot of the stairs are in a different sequence than the pad at the top. Of course.

Kitchen has two different pads, each with 3 different switches, different setups. The middle switch near the sink is the garbage disposal.

Pretty easy fix. Just turn the power off before juggling the stuff around.
Or just leave the garbage disposal switch confusion until you are fishing something out of the drain.:eek:

Seriously, this is not funny. At least not when its your turn.
I was having a conversation with my precious last week when suddenly...

All gone.
Train of thought.
Subject.
Point.
Relevant quote I was intending to incorporate.

All gone.

Like the flick of a switch.

And not like " oh, this will come back to me later when I quit trying so hard" gone either.

Gone. Just like that.

Felt like a kick in the...

Yah, its funny until its all too real, and its you and you know it.

Your day will likely come.

Now...
What were we talking about again?

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Did it last night..again.. doh..:rolleyes::lol:

forgetting to switch my bedroom light on before I turn off the TV PC and lounge room light to go to bed...

flicking the last switch into total darkness... then feeling my way around the fridge and through the dark corridor until getting to the bedroom door and switching a light on... then turning it off again for the few steps to the bed...:)

I need glow in the dark arrows stuck to the carpet for such moments...:lol:
I kind of always turn off all the lights before going to bed. I am not really fond of lights all that much. But, for me it is normal.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
How about when you put a bucket under the sink to catch the water when you remove the J trap, then dump the bucket of dirty water into the sink before replacing the trap? I watched a guy do this.

Do you live in Southern California? That guy might have been me. I know I've done that at least twice when changing out garbage disposals. Thankfully it's been many years since I've done it, and I still laugh when I think about it.

TeleTucson

Friend of Leo's
Does that not make you want to just go back to bed and try again tomorrow?

Or, ever address one of your kids by calling them by the name of every one of your other children first? Is this what early cognitive decline looks like?

"Ever exit a room and swat at the light switch like 3 times without hitting it?"

A perfect example of the price you pay for impatience and not taking the time to do something right the first time. :)

pixeljammer

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter

"I'm never moving again, cuz I hate learning the new light switches."

Crusty old fart.