Ever call anyone out on Craigslist?

stepvan

Tele-Afflicted
No, if I spent my time calling out people that are asking too much for what they are selling I would have no time to do anything else.

... what's that phase? It's worth what someone will pay, but that someone isn't usually me.
Yeah usually I just roll my eyes but the ad was such trash

Askwhy

Tele-Holic
If he is misrepresenting something, sure. I have sent emails to folks who had misinformation in their ad and flagged it. Gave them the benefit of the doubt that they may not know.

Because YOU think the price is too high? Are you serious? Don't be a busybody asshat. Maybe head down to the car dealership and "call them out" on car prices you think are too high.

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I almost did today!

'52 AVRI Telecaster...only the neck has been replaced and the pups (a PAF at neck!).....6 saddle bridge with some phony "engraved" scrolling... white pick guard.....

Maybe the body was original but bet that got swapped too!

Other than that THE finest example of the vintage 1952 Telecaster money can buy! $1800....

Dang I can't find the ad to share...musta sold! :D

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
No doubt man! Wise move. Too many wacko's out there these days, better to not chance it. 🙌👍🤝✌️

I should say, my real-life communication with, buying/selling CL experiences, have all been pretty good- all good folks, like to BS about guitar stuff...
( a few 'no shows' maybe, at say, a pedal sales at McDonald's)
* I've only ever done local CL biz; no shipping situations

soul-o

Friend of Leo's
I have not, but I have been acutely tempted by the one that posts “jazz trio available“ every few days for the past ten years. A simple “no ****” reply ad has been festering in my brain for years.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
So this morning I was going through my local craigslist looking of course at musical instruments when I ran across an ad for a beginners epiphone with gibson case and the seller also stated he would throw in a free pick and a strap for only $700 emailed the guy and called him out as he was blatantly trying to screw someone needless to say he responded with the usual curses. I just didn't want to see some kid get screwed by the guy or something. Anyone else ever call out someone like that?
Never done that.
I have seen cases where another person has Posted a warning about what he thought was a Scam.

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Every so often I get the urge to call someone out in a crazy ad. But then I think, why waste my time. Whatever.

As an aside, pointing back to the original post, I just paid 700 for a mint used Epiphone Custom Pro with hardshell case, and feel like it’s worth every penny. I don’t know what the OPs listing was for, but not every Epiphone can be had for $400.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Policing CL, FBM, Reverb, eBay, etc. is a useless, full-time job that doesn't pay. The % of people who change their ads because of feedback is minuscule.