Ever been knocked out?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Kebmel, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Friend of Leo's

Dislocated my knee and blacked out for a few seconds. I came to as the dude from the other team told the trainer, "I heard two pops." Broke my two front teeth when I hit the ice.

2. imsilly

imsilly Friend of Leo's

Closest I've ever been to being knocked out was when someone punched me in the back of the head. I saw stars but I was fully conscious. I also fractured my skull as a kid, but again I didn't get knocked out. I must have a thick skull.

3. Spearsmusic

Spearsmusic Tele-Meister

Agreed! Only thing is, I'm 5'5" and weigh 165 haha. I thought it was a fair fight!

4. bossaholic

bossaholic Friend of Leo's

As a teenager back in the 70's we played the knock-out game (Breathing then having the air squeezed out of you).

It never worked on me except once. I remember having a very vivid dream that seemed to go on forever. When I came to, I was laying on the ground and everyone was laughing at me. I asked how long I had been out, thinking it was a couple of hours. They told me just a couple of seconds. That blew my mind considering the dream I had.

5. deadicated

deadicated Tele-Holic

Caught my head on the coping of a twelve foot half once and knocked myself out with a helmet on. Woke up laying on the flat thinking oh sh**. Also my last thought before my head hit.

6. edgetone

edgetone TDPRI Member

Kebmel: 3 times in my 52 years as well. All on dirt bikes.

The worst I was 25 and riding around in a subdivision being built near the house. My buddy found me out cold and my bike 100 yards away. Huge crack in my helmet. Scraped me up and him and my wife took me to the ER. The neuro doc said to let me lay on the gurney awhile and they would see if I needed to be admitted.

Minutes later, as the doc was walking by, I grabbed my buddy by the shirt collar and pulled him down close and asked "Did Fred Flintstone have anything to do with this?" Him and my wife looked at me like I was crazy (I was) and said no they didn't think so. Then I asked "Well what about Long John Silver? I saw him and his bird down there earlier!" Doc said he'd be keeping me for a while...

Stayed 4 or 5 days. Concussion with retrograde amnesia. Knew everybody but lost like the last 5 years for awhile. Everything came back except the wreck. Never really knew what happened.

7. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Yup.
    I was on the stern of the ship, and for an argument you get a boxing ring setup.
    Well, there was this skinny little kid from the bronx or somewhere, and I outweighed
    him by 100, so, what the heck, I did not want to hurt him, but, I made a go. I
    use to wrestle, football etc, sort of big at the time. Got in the ring , I missed
    a power hit, and he hit me maybe 10 times in the head before I could throw my
    next...went to my knees, and went backward..just for a couple seconds..but
    sheeeeshh....so much for my boxing days...

8. Jared Purdy

Jared Purdy Friend of Leo's

3 times for me. First time, when I was skiing with my dad, I must have been 16 or so, some guy hit me at a high speed (we were both bookin'). Got stiches in my scalp for that one. Second time I was drinking too much and injesting "stuff" that I should not have injested, and I was walking home form a party in Banff, Alberta in 1979. It was winter, cold and snow. I was looped, and saw some guy on the other side of the street and being the freindly bloke that I am I called to to him by saying, "hey quepasa". I'm not sure what he thought I said but he walked over to me and pnched me in the face so hard it knocked me out. I woke up on the side walk, went home, woke to a hideous site in the mirror: broken nose. Second time a a skiing accident, also in the rockies, in Alberta. Woke up being loaded into the ambulance. Stiches in that one too.

9. LeroyBlues

LeroyBlues Tele-Holic

Grade school, hit in the head at close range with a dodge ball and in high school when I was sucker punched at a party by a kid that had been drinking and thought I was messing with his girl. Saw stars the first time, went to the hospital the second.

10. tazzboy

tazzboy Former Member

Nope don't recall

11. Lawson

Lawson Tele-Holic

Partied too hard one night.. Miraciously got home.. Almost burned myself inside my own apartment.. I had put some hotdogs on the frying pan, felt like I had somewhat control, and *ZAP* just like that I woke up in another room, got back to the smokefilled kitchen and the whole pan & plate was glowing red.. Worst day of my life, not only for reason mentioned..

12. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Yup.

It is weird to wake up on the other side.

13. Kebmel

Kebmel Tele-Afflicted

I've also had seizures, but that's another story.......

14. gypsy jim

gypsy jim Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Took a hard right in a UPS type van with the door open and no seat belt.:eek: Woke up in the gutter. Could not see the van. Bad idea. Do not attempt.

15. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

Big Ray #8.1: Also more likely to be armed.

16. Maricopa

Maricopa Friend of Leo's

Three times (that I remember). Once as a little kid when I slipped on a slick concrete porch. The other times in football and soccer practice.

17. DrumBob

DrumBob -------------------------

Quite a few times. As a kid, I used to hyperventilate and pass out after extreme exertion, usually in gym class, football practice or swimming. I was able to get my phys. ed. requirement waived in college because of it. Happiest guy on campus as a result.

I have also passed out a few times over the years while sick, once after hitting my knee really hard. Another time after spraining an ankle. I passed out last year on my sister's bathroom floor while in gastric distress. It's just how my body reacts to these things. Spoke to my doc. Nothing serious.

18. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

A few times, fell out of a truck that'll do it. Massaged a policeman's leather bound sap with my head. Ditto a baton at a later date. Had a broke bone in my knee that after grating for a number of times before being treated gratefully rendered me unconscious. Being knocked is not all it's CRACKED up to be.

19. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Yes I have, by an overhand right & not in a boxing match. A drunk guy just outta prison who I made the mistake of bumping into as I was getting my coat at a dance. I could hold my own but he reared off & nailed me before I even knew he meant it. Knocked senseless, saw stars, teeht rattled, vomiting all night, the whole bit. He mighta killed me if my friends hadn't stopped him. Outta his mind, I was the first person that happened along. He was back in prison for other stuff in three weeks.

I used to like to fight a bit but this was not a 'fight' & trust me, ya don't want to be on the receiving end of that.

Was also knocked out in a head-on collision but got amnesia so only remember fragments of the 'event'. Again about 17. Wild youth I guess.

20. dman

dman Tele-Afflicted

Got knocked out in 3rd grade PE class during volleyball. Being the unathletic klutz that I was (am), I got stuck way in the back corner with not a lot to do. So, I'm standing there, daydreaming of rocket ships and space travel ( my 8 year old's passion at the time) when somebody slams the ball over the net and it smacks me hard on the forehead. I wake up while two other kids are dragging me over to the sidelines where the PE teacher, Ms. Kelly, is exhorting me to get up and walk it off.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.