Evening Street II (alternative)

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Strat62, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Strat62

Strat62 Friend of Leo's

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13914341 click on the link; share if you like

Late in the evening warm/ summer night streetlamps like spotlights/ soft fuzzy light/ so many daydreams/ fade from my sight/ beyond the last streetlamp/ the pavement fades into the night (chorus) And I know where this trail ends/ sight unseen but etched in stone/ we can change all the figures/ but the end is still unknown (verse) My sleep eludes me/ these restless thoughts/ dreams of absurdities/ the meaning still uncaught/ But I'm at peace now/ gazing down the line/ I've run my race now/ I'm waiting for the sign (chorus) (verse) My privelidge precedes me/ heritage is sometimes a blight/ How soon we forget/ we too, were in flight/ For all our wisdom/ we still are beasts/ we take from others/ to make up our feasts (chorus) (verse) So there dark and quiet evenings/ my love she is asleep/ I'm in the final stages/ on this evening street/ my thoughts are racing backwards in time/ regrets but no anger/ for at last I see the sign (chorus) Mark Gates 8/25/19

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.