1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Even boy bands grow up and become better

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Chud, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Back in the late 90s early 2000s I used to drink with the Backstreet Boys (BSB) ProTools guy. He was one of the original pro ProTools guys who made the touring pros sound like pros, and he’d found his niche with the boy bands of that era.

Now, being mostly an Iron Maiden and Metallica guy since before high school, most pop didn’t grab me. But he said something one night when the BSB were doing their stint at the Garden playing their own instruments that stuck with me. He said that if his ProTools rig failed, BSB would be the only one of the bunch at the time where you wouldn’t even hear a heart skip a beat.

Fast forward to 2019-2021 and my wife loving the BSB’s almost more than me. Lol. Of course when the album comes out and they’re coming to town, AKA The Garden, I have to try to get her tickets and part of that involves buying their album, the other part involves tweeting. Neither of which I was a fan of.

Say what you want, but this song is honest, earnest, and downright simple, but catchy AF. What can I say, I’m ok with admitting I enjoy other BSB songs too...lol

Fretting out likes this.
  2. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Well... you like them, and that's all that matters!

Fretting out likes this.
  3. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

The Beatles? Yeah.

koen likes this.
  4. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

I took my daughter and a gaggle of her friends to a Back Street Boys concert during the height of their fame and I was impressed. They were obviously doing their own singing and doing it darn well. An excellent show all 'round.

I took her and friends to a number of shows (I guess I was the only parent that liked going to concerts) and thought that 98 Degrees were the best singers of all the boy bands.

The Spice Girls were good too...

A few years ago my daughter and some friends flew to Las Vegas for a weekend to see Britney Spears. She was lip-syncing but they loved it anyway.

5. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

I have never heard of ProTools before....

6. rarebreed

rarebreed Tele-Afflicted

What gets me , is the term boyband. What little I've seen of these type groups is that I've never seen any member of any of them playing an instrument. All they do is sing and jump around like fleas on a hot brick with their dance moves. They're a vocal group not a band. In a band you play instruments.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.