Evans Stainless prototype on Reverb

Silverface

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
The B/G/whatever market has been pretty friendly and cooperative. Until now.

An Evans prototype stainless steel b-bender guitar I sold for Dave on Reverb in November. Dave sold it - and at a reduced price to move it quickly - as he had medical and other expenses.

Now it's being flipped on Reverb, with the seller asking almost DOUBLE what he bought it for 7 months ago - After offering a lower price than the listing.

Anyone in the bender community knows how much Dave has contributed is design, in advice, in kindness and above all - honesty.

But I would say the same thing about Gene, Joe Glaser, Forrest, Paul McEwen. However, in Dave's case, I know the amount of precision that goes into his work, the amount of time it takes, and that it's mostly a hobby/service - NOT a profit generator. So to see someone try to get nearly double his recent purchase price and take advantage of MY work as well - is pretty annoying.

And because Dave is not a big internet guy, navigating Reverb is like Chinese algebra - so I handled the auction, packing, shipping etc - with the current seller also taking advantage of ME.

I'm intentionally NOT adding a link - the fewer that see it the better IMO - but if you happen to see it, I would personally appreciate that you avoid it - if you want a stainless steel Pull String, find a really good Tele and then contact Dave about an installation.

Silverface

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Sellers are going to see what the market will bear.
True.
But within the b-bender community...especially with higher end and/or custom instruments - "flipping" has been frowned on, and builders of such units usually contacted and a buy-back deal worked out of it's a financial situation. but doing it for profit - no.

Example - I wouldn't sell Nashville West #0001 without offering it to and/or clearing the right to sell on the open market with Mike Nihen first. Nor would I sell my "half" of the two "Clarence Clones" designed & built by Brian Friend (even though I built the guitar mine was installed in) without first contacting him and discussing it - and probably cutting them each in for a percentage.

Remember - this is a prototype unit in a custom-made, one-off instrument. Not a commercial installation. And made by a what is essentially a zero-profit, small market product supplier, with the sale originally handled by a volunteer - not somebody getting a percentage of the price.

Last edited:

T Prior

Poster Extraordinaire
There are also half dozen or more FENDER PG Telecasters offered on REVERB at prices from $2300 to $3000 -!

We cannot control asking prices , and shouldn't . If some "unaware" buyer decides to part with +/- $3000 for a Fender PG Tele , well that will be a quick lesson learned now won't it .

Even mildly experienced Bender players/owners who are part of the Bender community , know the value of the instruments with installed Bender systems. $3000 for a Fender PG Tele is, well , in my estimation at least 2X the legitimate market price. IF someone is trying to sell that EVANS for 2X , I suspect whoever it is really doesn't understand or care to understand the sitting BENDER community. The seller is looking for the UNAWARE prospect, and sadly, will probably find one.

Whats comical is that a few REVERB sellers are offering a USED Fender PG Telecaster for MORE than a NEW Fender Brent Mason Tele which has the premium Glaser system ! Good luck !

Last edited:

Tele-Meister
It’s my consignment listing as posted by a local used guitar broker that I respect and work with regularly. It might look like I’m flipping but there is more to the story. Lord knows I wouldn’t consign if I was flipping nor would I dream of flipping a rare bender guitar. That’s a terrible product to flip.

@Silverface and I have corresponded about it.

If anyone in THIS community wants this guitar. Don’t worry about the asking price. Let me know and we can talk turkey.

I don’t pop in here daily so I might not reply right away.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Whoever ends up with it has the right to do whatever they want with it

Even if the seller now is a flipper there’s nothing wrong with that

If they can get more for it more power to them

Oh! No they want money! They must be terrible!

Silverface

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Whoever ends up with it has the right to do whatever they want with it
Did you note 24300 and I have talked about it - everything's fine. There's a 3rd party involved anyway that you're not aware about - nor do you apparently understand about courtesy to custom builders/installers or have been around long enough to understand the industry.

You might find out what's going on before you jump in to threads you have nothing to do with just to fill your 10+/day quota. Playing guitar might be a better hobby.