Euro 2020

RadioFM74

Friend of Leo's
Yes, exciting 'till the end.
Italy has always been a tough team to score, and they kill you in a rush. Congratulations.

Spain played a wonderful game. I think that yesterday night they played the best football we've seen in the tournament so far. We were tough as nails and very effective in counters against massive pressure. Surely not the kind of game that this team is used to play, but very old Italian tradition and it was good to know that the pocket of determination and tricks at their disposal is this deep. At the end of the game, after almost three hours on a couch, I was exhausted! :lol:

One last word for the great, great Luis Enrique – one of the greatest sportsmen around today. Qué hombre! Thanks for the passion, the fair play, the pride in your game and in your young team! I wish you success and happiness for all days to come, Lucho! Lord knows it's been dark for you and yours. To see you come out of it so strong is humbling, moving, inspirational.

MojoTrwall

Tele-Holic
You know, in some sports you can use your head to punch your adversary, like the MMA for example, in football you can't do that, easy isn't it ?

And you were not able to rewatch video when being a ref, nor take a strange injection in Pantani fancy style before a final (at least Pantani was not smiling when doing his stuff).

See, it's a perspective question regarding what's forbiden, and the hierarchy in it.

Thin white duke

Friend of Leo's
And you were not able to rewatch video when being a ref, nor take a strange injection in Pantani fancy style before a final (at least Pantani was not smiling when doing his stuff).

See, it's a perspective question regarding what's forbiden, and the hierarchy in it.
So in short what do you think about Zidane headbutt ?

MojoTrwall

Tele-Holic
So in short what do you think about Zidane headbutt ?

Materrazzi is a legend, Nesta Maldini are overrated by youngster. Regarding Italy World cup it would have been harder without him, not the cleanest center back, but hard on the man, smart, and vicious just how I like them.

Regarding the headbutt, the act don't bother more than that, it was the timing more than the act that bottered me, and being caught stupidly, but I'm myself a nasty rugby player so not the more objective on this side which was lacking in France compared to Italy/Germany in the 80 and caused idiot loss (World cup semi finals 1982).

MojoTrwall

Tele-Holic
@Thin white duke By the way it's french playing Calcio in the early and late 90's that caused the mindshift in France.

It was already pointed by Cesare Maldini in 1998, but Lippi's influence still continue a lot on Deschamps/Zidane (late 90's Juventus player) to this day, to the point that traditional italian Football is more used in France, than Italy.

A more Sachi side than Lippi/Capello is Seen today in Italy football (which was used by Conte last euro too)

SGE1967

Tele-Meister
That'll do gentlemen...

And now...

download.jpeg