Eulogy for my friend that passed away.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Man I'm so sorry for your loss, and I know how you feel cause I had the same thing happen to me too. Buddy of mine I grew up with, I hadn't talked to in a few years, I finally got a hold of him only to find out he was on his death bed. We talked for 5 minutes over the phone... 5 minutes to sum up over 40 years of friendship... sucks man. I was preparing a trip to go see him when I got a call from his wife that he passed the next day.

It is true what you say - Don't wait to talk to that friend you haven't talked to in a while, do it now cause you never know when the last day is.

SuprHtr

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I sympathize wholeheartedly. It's too easy to let contact with old friends diminish as daily distractions drag us along. All of my best friends live far enough away that we rarely meet up, which is a shame. RIP Tom.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
I posted this on Facebook but I’d like to share it here, you guys have always been an empathetic group.

Recently I found out an old friend of mine has passed away. His name was Tom.

I moved to Georgia in the fall of 1983. I came here on an invite from another friend, who eventually betrayed me. No need to go into details about that other than I found myself needing a job and a place to live. I found a cheap apartment and a job at a Bonanza steak house as a grill cook.

A few weeks later Tom was hired, he worked on the line with me. I was 28, he was 17. We hit it off right away because, like me, he also played guitar and had other interests that were similar to mine. Tom became the first friend I made in Georgia, and at the time I sure needed one. We had a lot of fun working together, he had a great sense of humor and considering the circumstances it was a good period in my life. Neither of us worked weekends or had a car, so on Friday night when we got off his mother would pick us up, take us to the supermarket to get a 12 pack, and take us to my apartment. We drank beer, played guitars, and laughed all night.

As with all things circumstances changed, we both moved on but kept in touch and every now and then we would get together. Due to the path our lives took some years went by and we eventually lost touch. About six weeks ago he messaged me and wanted to reconnect. Of course I did too, and we talked about guitars and other things like we used to. I agreed to build him a couple of guitar gadgets and went about preparing for it. I didn't hear from him for a while when one day his sister made contact with me and told me that he had passed.

I am quite grief stricken about it. All those years we could have been talking but weren't, plus the fact that we had communicated briefly only for him to pass on has affected me deeply.

A lesson learned is that don't take things for granted. Call that friend or family member that you hadn't talked to for some time, because you don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Strangely, the night after I found out about Tom’s passing I had a dream where I sat in with the band at my church, and played a blues song. I like to think that it was Tom saying goodbye.
Take No Day for Granted.
-ST

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The rain is coming down hard, you can hear it spattering on the rooftop of the truck in the dim light of the day fading to darkness. You look over at your friend, and say, we're never going to talk about this again, and you don't.

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
Sorry to hear he passed. It's a nice story and makes me want to reach out to some people. At least you got back in touch before the end.

BenjaminBarnes

NEW MEMBER!
I posted this on Facebook but I’d like to share it here, you guys have always been an empathetic group.

I moved to Georgia in the fall of 1983. I came here on an invite from another friend, who eventually betrayed me. No need to go into details about that other than I found myself needing a job and a place to live. I found a cheap apartment and a job at a Bonanza steak house as a grill cook.

A few weeks later Tom was hired, he worked on the line with me. I was 28, he was 17. We hit it off right away because, like me, he also played guitar and had other interests that were similar to mine. Tom became the first friend I made in Georgia, and at the time I sure needed one. We had a lot of fun working together, he had a great sense of humor and considering the circumstances it was a good period in my life. Neither of us worked weekends or had a car, so on Friday night when we got off his mother would pick us up, take us to the supermarket to get a 12 pack, and take us to my apartment. We drank beer, played guitars, and laughed all night.

As with all things circumstances changed, we both moved on but kept in touch and every now and then we would get together. Due to the path our lives took some years went by and we eventually lost touch. About six weeks ago he messaged me and wanted to reconnect. Of course I did too, and we talked about guitars and other things like we used to. I agreed to build him a couple of guitar gadgets and went about preparing for it. I didn't hear from him for a while when one day his sister made contact with me and told me that he had passed.

I am quite grief stricken about it. All those years we could have been talking but weren't, plus the fact that we had communicated briefly only for him to pass on has affected me deeply.

A lesson learned is that don't take things for granted. Call that friend or family member that you hadn't talked to for some time, because you don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Strangely, the night after I found out about Tom’s passing I had a dream where I sat in with the band at my church, and played a blues song. I like to think that it was Tom saying goodbye.

Friendship is one of the best phenomena that exists in our world and it should be appreciated. You have to trust and do everything possible so that you can be trusted as well. On the website https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/friendship/ I read several interesting publications about friendship, about its role in the life of each of us.
Thanks for sharing this.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire

I am sorry for your loss