1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Esquire Started

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by dented, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Afflicted

I just started three variants of the “Esquire” myself! 1) Single humbucker bridge a la BFG, black limba body and neck...being finished by Guitar Mill as we speak. One volume, one tone, tone will be push-pull to partially split the coil. 2) Single single coil proto-thickness...considering one volume one tone no switch (maybe easier that way with the thin body...so I’m learning). Finishing it myself and doing a black dog hair finish on a one piece swamp ash body. And 3) right up the middle old school blackguard, fairly historically accurate, finish will be done by MJT.

Humbucker will be a Haeussel ‘59 and the other two will get a Lollar Special T and a Cavalier of one sort or another...leaning toward the Nocaster Holy Grail Lion.

Everyone loves the Esquire it seems! Good luck and can’t wait for everyone’s unveilings! Especially this mystery paintjob!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    dented likes this.
  2. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Don't forget - only 5 screws for the pickguatd and must be single slot screws not Philips heads.;)

Daddy Dom and dented like this.
  3. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Am building a Les Payl jr. ATM and when I learn how to post pics will do so. Have been repairing since 1970, modifying since 1980 and building from scratch since 2004.
    If anyone could PLEASE tel me how to post pics , I will, I have several examples - sadly not that Ash Telecaster. PLEASE HELP:(

dented likes this.
  4. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's

Probably more than one way to skin a cat, BUT:

1) Have the pic saved somewhere on your computer.
    2) When writing your post, click "Upload a File" at the lower right of the box you type in.
    3) Browse and select the pic(s) you want to use.
    4) For each pic, select "Thumbnail" (little pic) or "Whole picture" (or something along those lines - big pic); wherever the little flashing text stick is in your post is where in your post the pic will appear.

Now give us pics!

dented and Tonetele like this.
  5. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Afflicted

I always try to use 100% USA made Fender parts, or at least made in the USA (body/neck etc.). The same is true for pickups, particularly the nocaster, 51-52 vintage sets that Fender makes. Pickups are very subjective topic, but personally I like the way the Fender pickups sounds. Plus, as much of a stickler as I am about historical accuracy, I prefer them for this reason as well. There are lots of great pickups out there, however.

dented likes this.
  6. Daddy Dom

Daddy Dom TDPRI Member

Not mine, it'll be a 62/63 transitional model :)

dented likes this.
  7. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

So I decided on my parts kit. Fender aged parts kit similar to this one. I haven't decided on the tuners yet.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=303535802770

Daddy Dom likes this.
  8. dented

Once I get the bridge on I'll send it along with the neck plate and control plate so the artist can see the footprint of the hardware and paint accordingly. Do I have to dip the bridge screws in wax first? Hey! I'm new at this! Don't laugh! :confused:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  9. dented

Well crap! I bought a hardware set from a place called Ontario Music Supply.

FENDER Telecaster Aged Relic Chrome Body HARDWARE SET USA Tele Threaded Saddles. The set isn't USA at all. It is made in South Korea and is labeled as such. Not only that it isn't aged it is shiny new. On the way back and a vague descriptive seller.

20200413_173944[1].jpg

Fendereedo likes this.
  10. Retrobob

Retrobob Tele-Meister

Very cool! I love Esquires

dented likes this.
  11. Daddy Dom

Daddy Dom TDPRI Member

Wow - that is indeed a raw deal! I hope you get some peace out of this.

I had actually been trying to deal with this seller too, when they stopped replying to me so I moved on. I'm so pleased I did because returning items from NZ is very costly. I ordered from Tricked Out in the end.

dented likes this.
  12. dented

I was a little angry because this cost me time. But I look at the sellers ads and he has 100%. So I didn't bang on him and at the cost I am going to keep the kit for another build. It is still worth the money but it isn't what I wanted for this guitar. Tricked Out is one and there are some others but not many kits. You have to piece it all out. So I am almost ready to get the paint done........and then........I thought it would even be more cool to have a matching painted headstock and have him sign it there. So off to find the neck.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.