1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Esquire GT for $250?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by kclibman, May 2, 2012.

1. kclibman

kclibman TDPRI Member

I know these things blew out real hard about eight years ago (when I first started playing), and one just came up on my local CL for 250 clams in red, with an EMG 81.

Are they really worth anything today, and is this price really exorbitant? Looking for something to play antithesis to my Strat, and really need a lighter guitar. Wanted to do a Stag Mag w/coil tap in the bridge as well. What do you all think?

2. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I seem to recall these going for very little money at one point, and this would be a decent rebound.

For me, doesn't matter. Neck is way too slim. This model is not so much the antithesis of a Strat as it is the antithesis of an Esquire IMO.

4. Northerntele

Northerntele Tele-Holic

They blew them out for 250 at the end. That said you'd definitely be getting 250 worth of guitar if everything is right with it. I've got the Celtic version and that thing just rocks. I'd probably try to knock the price down a little but it definitely isn't a bad deal at that price.

So play it and see what you think. Thin necks, giant frets, and a flat radius.

5. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Esquire GT = Meh.

6. kclibman

kclibman TDPRI Member

Got the seller down to two bones, brought her home. Seriously flat board, really thin neck like you all said, but I kinda dig it. The weight feels fantastic on my back as compared to my 1 pc. alder Strat, but I'm not feeling the EMG for anything more than super high gain. Finish is great, sustain for days, just may take some work to get it to be a blues workhorse.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.