1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

ESP E-II?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by xtelesquirex, Oct 27, 2020.

1. xtelesquirex

xtelesquirex Tele-Holic

Anyone have experience with them? How good are they? How do they compare to the Indonesian Jacksons? Thanks.

2. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Afflicted

Which model from them? I type in the name and get different models?

3. xtelesquirex

xtelesquirex Tele-Holic

Yup. I think ESP is just a custom shop now. Then there's E-II, which is like the standard lineup and LTD which is a more budget friendly lineup.

The specific model I'm looking at is the Arrow.

There are some differences in hardware between it and the Jackson RR24 or CD24. That aside, I'm wondering if there is a big difference in build quality and QC between the Japanese E-II and the Indonesia Jackson.

Jakedog likes this.
  4. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yes. There is a big difference. I’m kinda snobby when it comes to quality as it relates to country of origin. Most of the pacific rim import stuff is flat out garbage.

That said, Indonesia is producing some pretty impressive stuff these days. I have an Indonesian D’Angelico that is a great instrument. They cut some corners on pickups and electronics, and hardware. But it’s not the worst I’ve seen, and the overall build quality as far as math and geometry is excellent for its price point. Finish is nice. It’s a beautiful guitar for what I paid.

I also have an Indonesian Jackson bass. Neck thru, active electronics, P/J pickups, lotsa binding. It’s very high quality. Nice fret and nut work. Sweet hardware. Again, great geometry and fit and finish. The pickups and electronics are the weak spot.

Both of these instruments look like a million bucks, and play pretty well. Definitely giggable with minimal fuss and adjustment. The frets aren’t *perfect*, but they’re very good. Light years ahead of anything I’ve seen from say, Fender’s “Player” series.

Time will tell if the necks stay straight and how the long term quality turns out. I gotta say though, I was not expecting this level of quality from inexpensive imports.

All of that said- the MIJ stuff from both ESP and Ibanez is a huge cut above. Better wood quality, sturdier construction, flawless fret and nut work, top shelf hardware, pickups, and electronics, they are just in another league.

Think of it like cars- I have a Hyundai. I love it. I really do. It looks good, it drives great. It’s currently at 72k miles and has never been in a shop for anything but tires. It does everything I ask it to, functions perfectly, and is really very impressive for the money.

However, I recently took a 5 series BMW for a spin. If I could afford one? That’s what I’d be driving. Cause yeah, they both have four wheels, seats, and an engine. They both do essentially the same thing- Move a person from one point to another. As nothing more than “transportation”, they’re on pretty level ground with any other car that starts every time you turn the key and stops when you step on the brake. But are they the same quality? Oh good gravy. No they are not.

xtelesquirex likes this.
  5. xtelesquirex

xtelesquirex Tele-Holic

Perfect. Thank you for the information.

Jakedog likes this.
  6. Donny Osmond fan

[​IMG]

7. Donny Osmond fan

I'll ask The ESP club I'm own for more info OK.

xtelesquirex likes this.
  8. Donny Osmond fan

You want the Floyd version or non Floyd version? Active pickups? The club said they are amazing quality. But most are typical they hate the Floyd Rose Special. I own a Floyd Special and it is fine quality wise. But they said it is a really nice guitar.

xtelesquirex likes this.
  9. xtelesquirex

xtelesquirex Tele-Holic

I want a Floyd. I keep reading that the Special isn't as good as the Original, but no one seems to say why. I've only used active pickups once, but I don't hate them. I really like the way ESP does the battery box for their active pickups.

10. Donny Osmond fan

They say that because of the zinc saddles. Zinc is fine. Wrestling belts are zinc then plated in coper, silver then gold. I get told that has nothing to do with the guitar and a Floyd. Yes it dose. Wrestling uses zinc belts. Plated. They abuse them in ways like throwing them on the concrete. Throwing them off high places, in to the steal poll. And beating them with hammers. And they do not wear out.

So if zinc saddles are used they say they are too soft and wear out. But get really no abuse. So tell me again how they are to soft and wear out? Zinc is zinc. And it takes a lot to ware the saddles out. They move around. And get no abuse.

xtelesquirex likes this.
  11. xtelesquirex

xtelesquirex Tele-Holic

Awesome, thanks! I always see people on the internet say the x000 series and specials don't stay in tune as well. I'll assume that's bs or due to a bad setup.

12. Donny Osmond fan

Set up and quality issues. All the parts that is for sale dose not mean you will get a dud every once in a while. And snobbery.

xtelesquirex likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.