Ernie Ball Pure Nickel + VB CV 50s

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by DAA1, Apr 2, 2014.

1. DAA1

DAA1 Tele-Meister

What a match! Put a set of 10s on today and WOW! Love the tone!! Had been using reg Slinkys, which I thought were good as well. These just ooze more tone and feel great!! Best of all---$3.99 a pack locally!!

2. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

I've taken to using GHS pure nickel strings one my Tele too. They seem to mellow and smooth out the icier highs on the E strings without changing anything else and they do have a nice feel to them.

Every once in a while when I read a post from someone whose unhappy with their tone because it's too ice picky or nasal I feel like suggesting a string change to pure nickels. They can make a difference.

3. DAA1

DAA1 Tele-Meister

Yeah, they tame the tone just a hair---but in a really good way. Feel on the wound strings is better too. Raised my bridge pup a hair on bass side vs the strings I had been using. Voila! Tone city!!

4. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

I've been using D'Ads pure nickel 10's for some time and in fact, I like them so well I've tried them on my main strat as well. Had to go to nickel wound on the strat but pure is here to stay on the tele. Order up a box of those EB's and I'll split it with you!

5. cowboy rob61

cowboy rob61 Tele-Meister

I recently put some nickel plated strings on my Les Paul Special 'cos the P90s are a bit muddy. Must be the first time in a decade that I've bought nickel plated strings.

6. chabby

chabby Friend of Leo's

I've used nothing but Nickels on my early series Squier: usually D'Addario XL 10-13-17-26=36-46 Nickel Wound Regular Light Guage EXL110 - sez on back Bright Tone-Perfect intonation and ultimate performance. Man they last a long time. I've been wanting to change for way long now and even know I should, but they are that good. I've yet to break one except B string from a bad Bur on saddle fixed long ago.

Used to always go GHS up until about 4 years ago - heard raves here on these strings - they proved right for me.

7. oldmark

oldmark Tele-Holic

I have been using Ernie's nickel strings - 9's, 10's and 12's - for over 20 years and I have them on all my electric guitars now...I have no plans to change my brand.

Great strings! I just love how they feel and play.

8. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

I'm also a nickel string kind of guy. Fender 150's are also worth looking in to.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.