Eric Clapton - Everybody Oughtta Change Sometime

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Dan R, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

With Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts as the rhythm section, you can't go wrong. Andy Fairweather Low and Ray Cooper of course.

BTW, I have the bootleg LP. This sounds a lot better,

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Chicago Matt, joealso, Georox and 2 others like this.
  2. 41144

41144 Tele-Holic

Dan R ... now there's a blast from the past!

Suspect Chris Stainton on keys, probably the piano part, but no idea who the other one is, glimpse is to quick for me. (Steve Winwood and James Hooker are both credited on the 'whereseric' site)
    That ARMS gig must have been one hell of a night :cool:, but the plight of Ronnie Lane was sad indeed.

Big fan of Andy Fairweather Low ever since the 60s, his band - Amen Corner - were on the tours with the likes of Hendrix, Pink Floyd etc during which time lasting bonds/associations were made. His 70s solo career stalled with the advent of punk but luckily for him the friendships and respect he'd built up in those early years paid him back.
    Read his Wiki entry for the full story but, a missing entry there is that he (along with the likes of Steve Winwood, Roger Chapman and I think Kenny Jones(?) etc) is on Electric Ladyland, somewhere!

These days AFL does a lot of tours over here and Europe with his own band (Andy Fairweather Low and The Lowriders) - up-close stuff in small theatres/halls ... always puts on a great show.

You can, if in the area, catch him, with Eric of course and a whole load of other great acts, at this years Crossroads festival in Dallas, albeit just on one night (I think) and probably only doing a couple of songs.

Chicago Matt, Dan R and Georox like this.
  3. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

The record I have is a two LP set from a televised concert, I think. It has Eric Clapton on one disc and Jeff Beck on the other. The label is Pharting Pharoah. LOL. Pretty bad recording but great stuff. Most of the bootleg recordings were done on a cassette recorder with a cheap microphone.

Side note: Just about the best portable cassette recorder of the day was the Sony TCD-5M. They were $700.00 in the '80s but made a very respectable live recording. A must have for any Dead fan.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    41144 and Chicago Matt like this.
  4. joealso

joealso Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

He also did that on his Money & Cigarettes studio lp. GREAT album

Chicago Matt and Coop47 like this.
  5. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm guessing Ian McLagen on organ? I just finished Mac's autobiography - fun read.

41144 and Chicago Matt like this.
  6. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Friend of Leo's

Great! Thanks for posting. The only Clapton bootleg I have is "Club Full of Blues". It was recorded at Irving Plaza during his 1994 tour promoting From the Cradle. So so recording quality but the whole band, especially EC, is ON FIRE. Anyone else have that one?

Dan R and 41144 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.