EQ Pedal

Squiretele777

Tele-Meister
Just ordered a 10 band eq pedal,,thought that might help with humbuckers leaning towards a more single coil sound,,,cant hurt i guess,,,easy & simple ...not to mention cheaper way to go.See what happens anyway...any thought,s ?

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Good move. An EQ is the first pedal I ever bought. Have used one ever since and on every board. I had two of them on my board at the same time for a few years. Most underrated pedal out there. You will learn more about tone from this pedal than anything else. Enjoy your new sonic adventure.

Edit: yeah, just read @schmee ’s comment. Don’t expect miracles.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
You can absolutely get it to sound like a single coil tonally with EQ... it's usually not any more difficult that cutting some mids and boosting the highs a little, what it won't do is replicate how a single coil feels when you dig in and how reacts to a volume control in front of a fuzz, or how it acts with an amp for example.

If you want a 'strat' sound for a recording, then I think you are peachy. If you want your guitar to feel like it has single coils in you might be disappointed.

Either way, EQ's are useful and handy to have, so a good purchase I think.

Squiretele777

Tele-Meister
What kind of humbucker? Can you split it?
Fender squier classic vibe thinline,i have coil splits installed,but hardly made a difference,and when split to single coils,volume goes down less than half,,,i ordered a eq pedal,but i,m still changing pickups,the one,s in it are the worst humbuckers i,ve played on...lol.

Attachments

• DSCN5423.JPG
    DSCN5423.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN5424.JPG
    DSCN5424.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 10

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
Just ordered a 10 band eq pedal,,thought that might help with humbuckers leaning towards a more single coil sound,,,cant hurt i guess,,,easy & simple ...not to mention cheaper way to go.See what happens anyway...any thought,s ?
EQ pedals are great. With 10 bands, or even 7, you can really sculpt your sound to where you want it. There is an alternate way to use an EQ pedal. Some players, me included, use an EQ pedal for a boost instead of fuzz, OD or distortion pedals. Usually the slider on the right is the level slider and you can raise it to just the amount of volume boost you want for solos, as well as move the EQ sliders to dial in your solo tone. Sometimes I'll have a Boss GE-7 EQ pedal on my board for boost, and no fuzz, drive or distortion pedals.

BossGE7.jpg

Last edited: