1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Epiphone T-310

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by countrydutch, Aug 18, 2009.

1. countrydutch

countrydutch TDPRI Member

Hi;
    Anyone else have an Epi T310 and info?
    It seems they had 2 different types of necks, 1 style like the hockey stick and one more "conventional"
    Mine was made in Korea, and it is plywood.
    Thanks
    Fred

2. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

My first guitar was an Epiphone T-310. Bought it in Paraguay, South America and of all the guitars I've owned over the years, it is the one that I most regret selling. Great pickups, great look, great playability. It had the hockey stick head. Paid around $400 for it in 1990. I really miss that guitar.

3. geordie1972

geordie1972 TDPRI Member

I bought one back in 1990 here in the UK, cost £150 (UK Sterling), has the hockey stick neck.

It's a lovely guitar, I used it now tuned in 'Keef' open 'G' tuning and it has quite a flat profile on the neck, which lends itself perfectly for slide guitar playing. I would never be without it.

I've kept it as standard, and the only criticism would be that the neck pickup is very weak and 'muddy' in sound, but the bridge pickup has a really nice typical tele twang.

4. blues bondsman

blues bondsman Tele-Afflicted

Resurecting this old post
    I picked this up from Reverb.com
    Changing the tone cap made it come alive ! sounds pretty dang good now

5. blues bondsman

here she is

Attached Files:

6. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

What's the weight on that like?

7. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

Love it!

8. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Selling it already?

9. blues bondsman

Well maybe but that's kinda what I do, I buy gear tweak it and sometimes repair it and send it on.
    Only one guitar in my home has the till death do we part and it was a gift from my lovely wife so.........
    I love to rebuild 50's through 70's Fender amps and then send them out to be used and loved and it helps pay for my own gear too.
    I can honestly say two things, the gear leaves my hands better than it was when I got it and All of my personal gear was free, unless you count my time tweaking, repairing etc the gear I buy and then resell

And to answer the first question it's a bit over 9 lbs on my shipping scale

10. ARXARX

ARXARX NEW MEMBER!

310 yes, found one to. It saw some pretty rough times. Really rough as the pictures will show. Only thing is on the neck plate is no serial number.....only number i could find was on the neck when i removed it. Number is 90.8.24. Date? 24 0f august 1990 ? May be some one can help. For now the project is on its way.

11. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

I have one too, Korean built in 1999 by Samick in blond. Plays nice and sounds good. You'll enjoy it.

Six barrel bridge style. Saddles are at least twice the diameter of a Fender and look more rugged.

12. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Snagged this one a few years. Weighs 10lbs. 8 ounces. Super skinny neck. Sounds great. I put a new Squier cv50 tele loaded control plate in it.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.