Epiphone Moderne

Fred_Garvin

Tele-Holic
moderne.jpeg

So I have wanted to do a set neck build for years and never got around to it. I was going to do a Moderne, but I imagine anyone else who as looked has noticed there aren't really any good plans for a guitar that kinda never existed.

Then I ran across this and nabbed it the other day, and now I have one, so I guess I'll do a junior DC!

I've seen lots of threads about Moderne builds here and elsewhere, so I plan to eventually do careful measurements, tracings and such to develop a proper plan. I am having too much fun playing it right now!

But if anyone wants measurements or photos of a Chinese copy of the Gibson reproduction of the guitar they never made, hit me up. I have slacked off on building but I would be grateful to give a little something back to the forum.

Attachments

• moderesn.jpeg
    moderesn.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 13

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
View attachment 940229

So I have wanted to do a set neck build for years and never got around to it. I was going to do a Moderne, but I imagine anyone else who as looked has noticed there aren't really any good plans for a guitar that kinda never existed.

Then I ran across this and nabbed it the other day, and now I have one, so I guess I'll do a junior DC!

I've seen lots of threads about Moderne builds here and elsewhere, so I plan to eventually do careful measurements, tracings and such to develop a proper plan. I am having too much fun playing it right now!

But if anyone wants measurements or photos of a Chinese copy of the Gibson reproduction of the guitar they never made, hit me up. I have slacked off on building but I would be grateful to give a little something back to the forum.

I have one too - it's a fun guitar.

That said, I'm pretty sure Gibson did actually make a limited run of them back in the 80s.

JJLC

Tele-Holic
those are cool guitars; love the head stock

Attachments

• BFT-58 head frt.jpg
    BFT-58 head frt.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 7

Doctorx33

Friend of Leo's
I have an Epi Moderne too, great guitar I also have a chibson Moderne that was crap when I bought it but with a lot work it plays and sounds great 050706C9-39F0-4E42-9BA7-2D72561B9146.jpeg 95325289-29A1-4374-891F-287A55C73CBD.jpeg F2CC3A1F-D6CB-4BEB-9ED1-1DA4EA748389.jpeg

Attachments

• 9BC617F1-B89D-4AD1-A0EA-F8FD8EDA17A0.jpeg
    9BC617F1-B89D-4AD1-A0EA-F8FD8EDA17A0.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 10

jrblue

Friend of Leo's
Maybe your Moderne is actually one of the genuine missing/mythical Gibson Modernes, and somebody is "hiding it in plain sight" by pretending it's an Epi.

Doctorx33

Friend of Leo's
Maybe your Moderne is actually one of the genuine missing/mythical Gibson Modernes, and somebody is "hiding it in plain sight" by pretending it's an Epi.
Lol, I doubt it. I don’t think Gibson used Alpha pots in the fifties.