Epiphone Les Paul Jr.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I like this guy, his accent ,his deliver speed the occasional use of one or more of the seven banded words. Well, silly boy that I am, I kinna trust him

big les paul jr.jpg

Tone Chase

Tele-Holic
I bought my Epiphone LP Junior without even plugging it in.

I had a bolt on neck one with a humbucker, and once I got it set up just right, it was a fun guitar. However, I decided that if I ever came across a set neck Epiphone Junior at a used price, that I would buy it, and I did.

The previous owner didn’t have a clue about setting up a Junior properly. It was awful. When I was done, the guitar was quite convincing as a Junior, and it can be sweet, or growl. Fantastic neck on it, very interactive set of controls on mine.

I also had the opportunity to compare it to a well selected vintage 50’s Junior. Even the owner of that guitar was impressed with my Epiphone. It has become a guitar that gets played often, and I have a very significant number of guitars to choose from.

And yes, I subscribe to the Guitaristas. I find it entertaining.

Last edited:

Electric Warrior

Tele-Holic

I had a bolt on neck one with a humbucker, and once I got it set up just right, it was a fun guitar. However, I decided that if I ever came across a set neck Epiphone Junior at a used price, that I would buy it, and I did.

The previous owner didn’t have a clue about setting up a Junior properly. It was awful. When I was done, the guitar was quite convincing as a Junior, and it can be sweet, or growl. Fantastic neck on it, very interactive set of controls on mine.

I also had the opportunity to compare it to a well selected vintage 50’s Junior. Even the owner of that guitar was impressed with my Epiphone. It has become a guitar that gets played often, and I have a very significant amount of guitars to choose from.

Thanks for this review. Have debated for a while on this model...

Tone Chase

Tele-Holic
@Electric Warrior , if you like the neck on these, it’s a simple guitar, that can be setup to put a smile on your face, at a low price.

Most overlook this Junior and buy the Special with binding and a second P90 for something like $20 more. The Special is not a Junior.

I have 3 different single pickup guitars, and there is something about a well set up single pickup guitar, that makes me actually play music.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire

I also had the opportunity to compare it to a well selected vintage 50’s Junior. Even the owner of that guitar was impressed with my Epiphone. It has become a guitar that gets played often, and I have a very significant number of guitars to choose from.

I agree entertaining.
I ordered a Epiphone Les Paul Jr. vintage that may be here in November.
I love Dimarzio hum canceling pickups their all over my strats and teles,
I wish Dimarzio made a dog ear hum cancelling LP jr dog ear pickup

Tone Chase

Tele-Holic
I agree entertaining.
I ordered a Epiphone Les Paul Jr. vintage that may be here in November.
I love Dimarzio hum canceling pickups their all over my strats and teles,
I wish Dimarzio made a dog ear hum cancelling LP jr dog ear pickup

There is really no concern about annoying hum with any of my amps. The only amp that every guitar hums with is my Epiphone Valve Junior V1 amp. I think Epiphone did a good job a giving you the good bones for a good guitar.

I think that I have 8 Epiphone guitars in my collection. All but one bought used. I love my Fender and Gibson guitars, but the Epiphone guitars, bought at used prices, are great bang for the buck.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
There is really no concern about annoying hum with any of my amps. The only amp that every guitar hums with is my Epiphone Valve Junior V1 amp. I think Epiphone did a good job a giving you the good bones for a good guitar.

I think that I have 8 Epiphone guitars in my collection. All but one bought used. I love my Fender and Gibson guitars, but the Epiphone guitars, bought at used prices, are great bang for the buck.
thats really good to hear I glad that you are happy with your purchasesI'm we put up with a lot just so the we can have disposable income to use to be happy consumers , are you on my sarcastic beam
MICKEY f   COPY.jpg

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
@Electric Warrior , if you like the neck on these, it’s a simple guitar, that can be setup to put a smile on your face, at a low price.

Most overlook this Junior and buy the Special with binding and a second P90 for something like $20 more. The Special is not a Junior.

I have 3 different single pickup guitars, and there is something about a well set up single pickup guitar, that makes me actually play music.
I ask my self when I am making the grindage, and I look at the top of my guitar , what position is the selector switch on while making grindage
The Neck Position No
The Middle Position Nope
ready last chance to guess the selector switch position
What is your answer?
'guh, uuagh augh , The Bridge position?

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! That's a Bingo!
You have just won pause Absolutely nothing!

thanks for playing.jpg

Last edited:

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
The first Les Paul Jr that I ever heard (and old one) plugged into a black face twin
, and as my friend slowly turned the volume knob up up, uP , UP.... yow! it was beautiful harmonically perfect hot rod chain saw. I feel in love.
It was a spring day in Snappy Town 1977 and the Sun was shining after a very wet winter the Robins were having breakfast, the sky was blue and there was this sound that I've wanted ever since. and soon, very soon but not soon enough greedy old geezer that I am, it will be mine. It's true, we as a group would got to the Mabuhay Gardens visit uncle Dirk Dirksen mid-week all the way from snappy town ( Walnut Creek , Pleasant Hill and hear the bands that were not good enough to play on Friday or Saturday nights.

richey88

Friend of Leo's
Nothing like a Junior! Been using this for a few years, effin great guitar!

Attachments

• D278BC4C-8E36-4DEB-B16F-531829EA0C32.jpeg
    D278BC4C-8E36-4DEB-B16F-531829EA0C32.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 18

ricardo1912

Friend of Leo's
One of my best recent buys has been a Junior copy, handbuilt in a kind of barncaster style in basic polished wood. Light, loud, great tones and a joy to play. It gets a lot of playing time and having just one pickup seems to focus me more.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
I bought mine at GC in 1998. It's a GC special run that has a pearloid pickguard but nothing else special. It has been a very good guitar and I've kept it stock all these years.

EpiphoneLPJR.jpg

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire

Wait. Wait, hold on , people still use real amps? like , solid state and tubes?
I always new it was just trash back in the late 70'show synthesizers were going to put Fender and Gibson out of business . That's just trash, says I. I said Bollocks but the complete replacement of amps was a sure thing , I haven't used a real amp in years. I find it quaint, actual amps , how charming.

hey, I found a dog ear hum cancelling P-90 pickup for a Les Paul Jr., what , everybody knows that? oh, O.K. read this.
Rated 5 Out Of 5
Zero hum, and I meant ZERO. These pickups are playing well with my Vox ac15, Analog Outfitters Sarge, Vintage BF; Vibro Champ, Delux Reverb, Princeton, and Bassman, as well as a custom made Harvard Tweed reproduction. Some guitar, pickup, amp combinations work better than others. My Les Paul with Fralin hum canceling P90’s sound great into any amp. And no more twisting, and turning around to minimize noise.

0000 natural.jpg

Last edited: