Encouraging Iowa fans offer opposing team a beer

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by drf64, Oct 17, 2021.

1. drf64

drf64 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

This really warms the cockles of my heart. Even though visiting Purdue exposed Iowa's #2 ranking as undeserved, big hearted Hawkeyes fans offered the players beer. Although we don't know who the generous Hawk fan was, we do know it was not Lois Feldman. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tossed him a bottle of bourbon to have a Boilermaker.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...as-kinnick-stadium/ar-AAPCZJS?ocid=uxbndlbing

[​IMG]

Killing Floor likes this.
  2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I can say Iowa Hawkeyes fans are among the best folks in the game. I have my heart in another conference but the few times I’ve been at a football or basketball game against the I they are so gracious win or lose. Got to love them.

3. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

And they don’t call Purdue the “Spoilermakers” for nothing. That was a good fight. My own opinion as a football fan but not really tied to Iowa or Purdue, is that very likely Iowa was prepping and scouting a week ahead for Wisconsin. That’s just what happened a few years back when Boilers beat Ohio State. They were expecting an easy win so they didn’t scout effectively. Won’t happen again for a long time but the damage is done.

4. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

UrineLight...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.