1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Eminence Red Fang + AC15 = Love!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by castpolymer, Apr 29, 2009.

1. castpolymer

castpolymer Poster Extraordinaire

I traded for a AC15 with a well broken in Wharfdale two weeks ago. I decided that the Wharfdale had to go after hearing the AC15 with the Celestion Blue at a music store. I was unwilling to pay the price for the Celestion Blue, so I decided to try the Eminence Red Fang.I got the speaker a few days ago and installed it straight away. It sounded better, but not great. I then hooked up the speaker to a stereo receiver and let it rip for 24 hours in one of my warehouses ( no complaints on noise from wife or neighbors ). The break in is key for this speaker. The bottom end opened up quite a bit after a good break in. Great, clear cleans and the nasty grit that you expect from an overdriven AC15. This speaker was just north of 50% of the Celestion and is definately worth considering for any Brit voiced speaker upgrade. The only concern would be fitting it into a smaller cabinet made for a 12" speaker. The alnico magnet cover is quite a bit longer than a ceramic magnet.

2. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats. I have a Red Fang in an AC15 myself and it's a great sounding combination.

3. eggman

eggman Friend of Leo's

Howdy,

Glad to hear that your like the Red Fang. You kept the money here in the US, too! Congrats.

Eggman

4. jmaul

jmaul Tele-Afflicted

I have a quick question for you, or a favor maybe...

Could you do a little A/B with the AC15 and the Handsome Devil, running through the red fang in the AC15 cab (obviously make sure you only run one at a time)?

I'm wondering how much VOX one can get out of a handsome devil. I've only successfully gotten marshally sounds out of it, but I dont have an open back British alnico cab to run through. I am thinking of either getting an open 112 cab with a blue or variant of a blue, or just going whole hog and getting the AC15CC and putting a blue in there. Not sure which direction to go and would really appreciate any insight into this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.