Eminence GASC59 12

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by dannyh, Jul 23, 2019.

1. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

I did a search and couldn't find anything on TDPRI about this (though I'll admit my search skills are sometimes lacking) so here goes...

Have any of you tried the 12" version of the Alnico Alessandro SC59 speaker? It looks very interesting to me, but at almost $300 I'm not gonna take a flyer on this speaker. Several websites such as Parts Express show they do not have these in stock, so I don't know if they're actually out yet, but the Emi site has them listed with the price. Any info you good folks could share would be appreciated.

https://www.eminence.com/speakers/speaker-detail/?model=GA_SC59

2. powerwagonjohn

powerwagonjohn Tele-Meister

It looks a lot like the Eminence EJ-1240 I just pick up last week. I made a post about that speaker in the glowing tube forum.
    Thanks John

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    dannyh likes this.
  3. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

The literature says that the EJ1340 was created with Alessandro and E. Johnson giving input ot ?Eminence as to what they wanted. The two speakers may be very much the same. Sweetwater says that the EK1240 is a custom order thing......not immediately available...two week wait.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.