1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Emerging from the cocoon

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Spoonman, Jun 24, 2020.

1. PlainAllman

PlainAllman Tele-Afflicted

That is going to be one awesome guitar. Custom made one of a kind just for you. Congrats. Cant wait to see it finished. Thanks for sharing.

2. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Friend of Leo's

Wow! Love the way the top and light-colored (with cool inlays!) fingerboard hope together! That is going to be a subtle stunner.

3. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

That's so HOT.

4. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Tele-Holic

She is going to be a thing of beauty when finished. Looking forward to more pics in the future.

5. Spoonman

Spoonman TDPRI Member

Thanks all. I’m very new to this forum and am a bit overwhelmed by how positive the feedback has been. Its lovely to be somewhere you don't feel trolled or just plain ‘got at’ so thank you all.

I hope It is allowed under forum rules, because I think my luthier deserves credit for what he’s doing. His name is Josh Parkin. Here’s a link to a gallery of some of his custom work
    https://www.joshparkinguitars.co.uk/gallery And another to his background and ‘ethos’ in building...https://www.joshparkinguitars.co.uk/what-we-do. i have no other custom luthiers to compare him to so this may not be unusual, but so far I feel like I made the right choice in trusting him and spending my money this way....but the proof is in the pudding of playing it and that’s six or so weeks away yet.

again, thanks all for your kindness, interest and positivity, its much appreciated.

WingedWords likes this.
  6. Spoonman

Spoonman TDPRI Member

Four weeks to go now, three of which are drying time for the final two coats. Subtle changes have taken place in the last couple of weeks, partly because Josh the luthier picked up an injury which limited him to desk work for a few days. Here’s the slightly glossier body:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also the frets are now on and the base coat applied and sanded, so the neck is still Matt rather than the finished satin look:
    [​IMG]
    I really can’t wait to play it, but as my Mum used to tell me long long ago “patience is a virtue, keep it if you can. Seldom found in woman, never found in man”.....so I’m a bloke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musky55, hopdybob, SuprHtr and 2 others like this.
  7. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Very nice!

8. tele_savales

tele_savales Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

Jiminy crickets!

9. Spoonman

Spoonman TDPRI Member

D7653901-BD1F-48D0-8194-BA9DC90EF024.jpeg 19D6DB10-F215-480C-9B1F-29026D89441B.jpeg D438F6AD-0BAE-4D3A-A69C-E1C5E2925F84.jpeg 79678B0B-C755-4F47-BF52-2FD893FCC92E.jpeg E4982BCF-269C-4ED3-A7B8-C66175E7FC0C.jpeg A9F278CA-22DF-419A-8B05-8A41A57FB292.jpeg Today was the day...the new guitar was finally complete and ready for collection! Had about an hour with it at home so far - it's so nicely set up it's noticeably easier to play than my other Tele. Will take some getting used to the different pickups (alnico 4 P90 neck and Formvar wound alnico 4 humbucker in the bridge). The top wood is apparently from the crotch of a hybrid claro/black walnut from Oregon, the neck is black walnut from further east in the US, the flame maple is European, the mahogany body is very old Brazilian (felled before I was born and I'm a pensioner!)

Sounds a lot bigger and louder than the Seymour Duncan single coils in my ash/maple tele, warmer, especially in the bridge. Delighted with it.....must get back to playing it!

Nubs likes this.
  10. PlainAllman

PlainAllman Tele-Afflicted

That is gorgeous. Truly a work of art. Congrats!

11. wowazeplin

wowazeplin Tele-Meister

Cripes. That bod. It’s making me sexist....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.