Embarrassed much?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TimmyM, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

I must be dead then... :p I buy that stuff by the gallon..

Fretting out and skitched like this.
  2. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Afflicted

You like what you like, who can explain it. There's plenty of stuff I've enjoyed that normally I wouldn't -- I liked Hanson's MMMBop when it came out. Go figure!

On the other hand there are plenty of 'serious' artists I just can't get into no matter how many times I've tried. I just can't get on Springsteen's wavelength, and Rush is completely impenetrable to me.

3. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Somewhat of my point. It never occurred to me, and to many musicians, that music is merely a means to that kind of end. Meanwhile, a large portion of our musician community, cannot fathom any other reason for music, than to achieve that end. In a nutshell, my music was never about sex. For many, its only about sex.

4. Paulie_Boy

Paulie_Boy Tele-Holic

All this disclosure makes me feel really close to everyone. It sincerely does and I need that right now. Let's keep it going by disclosing other things. I'll continue by saying that I'm wearing yesterday's underwear. I know that I shared that info with some of you yesterday and the day before, but I wanted everyone to know. Thanks for caring.

P Thought likes this.
  5. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Ok ...I'll Bite

when I wa a kid my Dad liked the soundtrack to "Zorba the Greek", absolutely outstanding musical sound track , the musicians were top of the line, it got me appreciating music from other cultures, especially if it is well done.

it got me listening to Gamalon, Gregorian Chants, Tibetian Bells, Ravi Shankar, Turkish Oud, when I hear western interpretaions of these genres it pails by comparison to the real thing ,I did a stint with sythesizer music during the late 60's -early 70's even first nations potlatch music is fascinating to me .

but deep down inside I'm looking for fresh approaches to modern music and although the market is saturated I dont hear alot of new Ideas or formulas. I like Brian Eno's Oblique strategy card Ideas it forces you out of the mainstream rut we all get into.

6. Weaselcoon

Weaselcoon Tele-Meister

Not gonna lie. Last song I learned completely was a Miley Cyrus song. My step daughter loves it and its a pretty good guitar part. Ive had some fun with it.

I have no shame in my game.

skitched likes this.
  7. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I love "Love's Theme" by Barry White & The Love Unlimited Orchestra.

In fact it's getting high rotation play around here. I'm gonna do a "guitars unlimited" cover!

8. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

I don't know about embarrassed, per se. But for guilty pleasure, I loved the Backyardigans when my kids were still Nickelodeon daytime age. I would watch it on my own. Absolutely brilliant music and "choreographed" animation dance numbers. Very cool parent friendly. Sadly, not too many of those type of kids' shows.

You need all the rad moves to conquer Tiki Beach, yo.

P Thought likes this.
  9. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

While we're on kids kick... No words needed. Just straight up guilty pleasure. Nothing was as cool as 70s Sesame Street.

10. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

I watched that 17 times before I realized there was music...

BigDaddyLH likes this.
  11. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

:D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.