Elvis' Tele?

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by jfgesquire, Oct 20, 2019.

1. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Meister

2. d barham

d barham Tele-Meister

That's a good lookin hunka hunka rosewood.

nojazzhere and RoyalBaby like this.
  3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

That's no Elvis tele.

This is-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That one you posted is more a George Harrison tele. It might've been made for Elvis, but I've never seen a pic of him playing it

whole tone likes this.
  4. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Meister

Agreed.

Although, Elvis was allowed to own more than one Tele.

And, even regular production 69-71 rosewood Telecasters fetch about $20,000...

But this thing was up for auction a few years ago for $350,000! and apparently no one took that bait.

Whoever is trying to spin this auction as being for the first prototype rosewood telecaster contorts to point out that it has no "serial" number other than a yellow penciled "0'" on the neck, but it has a "registration" number of 241177 on the neck plate.

Harrison's is #235594....

There is a James Burton interview where he acknowledges Fender tried offering it to him first and then he showed it to Elvis, who also turned it down because it was too heavy (proof Elvis TOUCHED it).

However, that exchange allegedly took place in the summer of '69 and Harrison played Get Back on the roof top in January '69...

Again, that guitar is still in the $20,000k range even without the questionable Elvis connection.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

blowtorch likes this.
  5. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

tweed Bassman(? Tremolux ? Bandmaster ?) over to the left of Gary Crosby. That red mid 50s 6120 is pretty great too. And Elvis’s Bigsby Tele is phenomenal. It actually looks like it has fingerboard wear.

6. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

I rember when I was about 16, before I thought I deserved a descent guitar...still question if I do now....anyway, my local music store had a Japan tele with a bigsby just like that. I wish I could have grabbed it up. I can still see it in sitting there. Looked so cool.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.