Elpee , Everybodies Doing it

Herb, if you want to try your hand at restoring a bamboo fly rod just let me know. I have enough sections to make 2 rods.

adirondak5

Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire
Herb, if you want to try your hand at restoring a bamboo fly rod just let me know. I have enough sections to make 2 rods.

Thanks for the offer Glen but I think I am gonna start using the rods I now have rather than build many more , same with guitars , I spend more time building with both guitars and rods than using them , I think it's time to enjoy the fruits of my labor a bit more than I have been ;-)

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
I spend more time building with both guitars and rods than using them , I think it's time to enjoy the fruits of my labor a bit more than I have been ;-)
Give a guy a little free time and go look at what happens :lol:. Good plan though I thought this deserved a repost:

The Upside of Getting Old (er)

1. From here on, you can be completely honest and speak your mind and people will think it's just the doddering old fool going senile

2. A record number of people start calling you "sir" for no good reason. Take advantage of their guilt for major price discounts

3. You can claim health issues but go fishing instead

4. Staring at young women's shapely backside is expected

5. You can go to Walmart, buy a random box of condoms (get the king size for greater effect) at the pharmacy counter and the lady's behind the counter will greet you with a smile from now on

6. Put on a pin striped suit with a sport shirt, take a large, mangy looking nephew with you, and get that free test drive of a Tesla you always been wanting

7. Last but not least (and maybe the best). Start feigning hearing loss at every opportunity. You'll soon learn what everybody really thinks (and can plan for revenge & updating the will) and the best bonus of all, you'll soon never be asked to take out the trash again (until this takes full effect, make sure you spill a little here and there in strategic spots )

Engraver-60

Friend of Leo's
OK - Herb - You've had your little respite from this build. Time to get back on it. I see you've made a few postings, so your still interested in building, so, come on and finish this jewel. You don't want to join my club - The "I Wish I Could Finish A Guitar" Club (bad acronym - IWICFAG). But I am finishing woodturnings, like urns, and jars, and bowls, and even an occasional hand engraving. So, com on, Herb, don't keep folks like me waiting. Please?

adirondak5

OK - Herb - You've had your little respite from this build. Time to get back on it. I see you've made a few postings, so your still interested in building, so, come on and finish this jewel. You don't want to join my club - The "I Wish I Could Finish A Guitar" Club (bad acronym - IWICFAG). But I am finishing woodturnings, like urns, and jars, and bowls, and even an occasional hand engraving. So, com on, Herb, don't keep folks like me waiting. Please?

Hi Mark , yes , I am still a builder , but you know the luck I've had lately , I have torn the rotator cuff tendon halfway off the bone in my left arm , I'm pretty much a one good armed man the past 4 months , right now its still to tight even for surgery , cortisone shots no work either , so its just therapy (torture) a few days a week for now , once I get this taken care of I'll be back to it , I've got the LP , a Strat , and a Snakehead waiting for this to heal up , its just taking so danged long

RogerC

Poster Extraordinaire
Dang, Herb. I had no idea about the shoulder. Really sorry to hear that. Get yourself healed up, bud.

Engraver-60

Friend of Leo's
Hi Mark , yes , I am still a builder , but you know the luck I've had lately , I have torn the rotator cuff tendon halfway off the bone in my left arm , I'm pretty much a one good armed man the past 4 months , right now its still to tight even for surgery , cortisone shots no work either , so its just therapy (torture) a few days a week for now , once I get this taken care of I'll be back to it , I've got the LP , a Strat , and a Snakehead waiting for this to heal up , its just taking so danged long

So very sorry, Herb. I had no idea that you were injured. I do know the pain because you know I had a 3/4 torn rotator cuff repaired a year ago last March, and the surgery was a breeze, but recovery was a B!t_h - amazing Vandy Ortho Surgeon installed carbon fiber & kevlar to bind the cuff back in place, and now I can even lift a 30 lb engraver's vise. My wife knew I was in need of the surgery when she found out I was taking 6 Ibuprofen 3 times a day for the pain, and still dropping china dishes.

Heal quickly, and get the surgery, and then get back to your wonderful builds. We all miss your craftsmanship, and patience, and attention to details. One of these days we must meet in person and share stories. Meantime, get better, and keep us posted.

axedaddy

Tele-Afflicted
Sorry to hear about the shoulder Herb, wouldn't ya know, just as you're making the retirement thing good, whamo. Get better can't wait to see 'EM finished!

adirondak5

I was thinking about this build the other day. I'd love to see it completed! It's too bad you're injured Herb!

Dang, Herb. I had no idea about the shoulder. Really sorry to hear that. Get yourself healed up, bud.

I wish for a speedy and complete recovery, Herb !

So very sorry, Herb. I had no idea that you were injured. I do know the pain because you know I had a 3/4 torn rotator cuff repaired a year ago last March, and the surgery was a breeze, but recovery was a B!t_h - amazing Vandy Ortho Surgeon installed carbon fiber & kevlar to bind the cuff back in place, and now I can even lift a 30 lb engraver's vise. My wife knew I was in need of the surgery when she found out I was taking 6 Ibuprofen 3 times a day for the pain, and still dropping china dishes.

Heal quickly, and get the surgery, and then get back to your wonderful builds. We all miss your craftsmanship, and patience, and attention to details. One of these days we must meet in person and share stories. Meantime, get better, and keep us posted.

Thanks fellas , I injured the shoulder back in February at work and thought I could tough it out , by the time I retired at the end of June it was getting real bad , it is a bit better now and hopefully will keep going that way , I really miss my building , but I've had plenty of time to investigate CNC's and software so look out :)

Dasher

Tele-Meister
Thanks fellas , I injured the shoulder back in February at work and thought I could tough it out , by the time I retired at the end of June it was getting real bad , it is a bit better now and hopefully will keep going that way , I really miss my building , but I've had plenty of time to investigate CNC's and software so look out :)

Look after yourself Herb!

adirondak5

Sorry to hear about the shoulder Herb, wouldn't ya know, just as you're making the retirement thing good, whamo. Get better can't wait to see 'EM finished!

Thanks axedaddy , yea , it was a bit of a kick in the butt , but there's more to be thankful for than not in the long run :)

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
You need a minion!

minion__120723214756-275x309.jpg

I think this one is Kevin.