Elpee , Everybodies Doing it

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by adirondak5, Feb 23, 2013.

1. thecableguy

thecableguy Friend of Leo's

Geez Herb, is there anything you can't build? ;)

2. Bentley

Bentley Friend of Leo's

I would love to build a boat. I actually drew up some plans for a V front jon boat a year or so ago, and I still want to build it!

3. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Herb, if you want to try your hand at restoring a bamboo fly rod just let me know. I have enough sections to make 2 rods.

4. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire

Ha , there's plenty Brian :)

5. adirondak5

Thanks for the offer Glen but I think I am gonna start using the rods I now have rather than build many more , same with guitars , I spend more time building with both guitars and rods than using them , I think it's time to enjoy the fruits of my labor a bit more than I have been ;-)

6. crazydave911

crazydave911 Poster Extraordinaire

Give a guy a little free time and go look at what happens :lol:. Good plan though I thought this deserved a repost:

7. Engraver-60

Engraver-60 Friend of Leo's

OK - Herb - You've had your little respite from this build. Time to get back on it. I see you've made a few postings, so your still interested in building, so, come on and finish this jewel. You don't want to join my club - The "I Wish I Could Finish A Guitar" Club (bad acronym - IWICFAG). But I am finishing woodturnings, like urns, and jars, and bowls, and even an occasional hand engraving. So, com on, Herb, don't keep folks like me waiting. Please?

8. adirondak5

Hi Mark , yes , I am still a builder , but you know the luck I've had lately , I have torn the rotator cuff tendon halfway off the bone in my left arm , I'm pretty much a one good armed man the past 4 months , right now its still to tight even for surgery , cortisone shots no work either , so its just therapy (torture) a few days a week for now , once I get this taken care of I'll be back to it , I've got the LP , a Strat , and a Snakehead waiting for this to heal up , its just taking so danged long

9. thecableguy

I was thinking about this build the other day. I'd love to see it completed! It's too bad you're injured Herb!

10. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire

Dang, Herb. I had no idea about the shoulder. Really sorry to hear that. Get yourself healed up, bud.

11. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

I wish for a speedy and complete recovery, Herb !

12. Engraver-60

Engraver-60 Friend of Leo's

So very sorry, Herb. I had no idea that you were injured. I do know the pain because you know I had a 3/4 torn rotator cuff repaired a year ago last March, and the surgery was a breeze, but recovery was a B!t_h - amazing Vandy Ortho Surgeon installed carbon fiber & kevlar to bind the cuff back in place, and now I can even lift a 30 lb engraver's vise. My wife knew I was in need of the surgery when she found out I was taking 6 Ibuprofen 3 times a day for the pain, and still dropping china dishes.

Heal quickly, and get the surgery, and then get back to your wonderful builds. We all miss your craftsmanship, and patience, and attention to details. One of these days we must meet in person and share stories. Meantime, get better, and keep us posted.

13. axedaddy

axedaddy Tele-Afflicted

Sorry to hear about the shoulder Herb, wouldn't ya know, just as you're making the retirement thing good, whamo. Get better can't wait to see 'EM finished!

14. adirondak5

Thanks fellas , I injured the shoulder back in February at work and thought I could tough it out , by the time I retired at the end of June it was getting real bad , it is a bit better now and hopefully will keep going that way , I really miss my building , but I've had plenty of time to investigate CNC's and software so look out :)

15. Dasher

Dasher Tele-Meister

Look after yourself Herb!

16. adirondak5

Thanks axedaddy , yea , it was a bit of a kick in the butt , but there's more to be thankful for than not in the long run :)

17. adirondak5

Thanks Dasher , I am getting better at that , quit smoking over 2 months now ! Eating right , I think for a while there I wasn't doing a good job looking after myself , lifestyle change time :)

18. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

You need a minion!

[​IMG]

I think this one is Kevin.

19. thecableguy

Good for you on quitting smoking Herb! That's awesome, and it's so tough to do!

CNCs? :cool::cool::cool:

20. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Stick with it Herb. I did it 15 years ago and have never looked back. I did a lifestyle change as well this year and shed 30 lbs. and counting. If I can do it anyone can..;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.