electro-harmonix

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by snottyboy, May 5, 2013.

1. Romanoaks

Romanoaks TDPRI Member

I've got a sovtek big muff pi. The big green one. I also own a memory boy, a memory man hazarai, and a holy grail. Soon to be owner of a small clone as well. Eventually if I can get my hands on one, id like to own an electric mistress, and a screening tree.

2. strateles

strateles Tele-Holic

I have finally gots me a new (used) XO Electric Mistress! (thanks waparker for turning me onto it)

I LOVE this thing! Super lush and swampy and it sounds SO good in stereo. Awesome pedal, in just a couple days it has kicked the Small Clone off my board and has opened up a whole new world of creativity in my sound.

Attached Files:

3. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Awesome! Enjoy. I know I love mine.

4. guitarmikey

guitarmikey Tele-Afflicted

Holy Grail Plus here. Great reverb, maybe one of the best.
    Possible problem: sometimes it does not fire up with non original powersource. Have to replug it for a couple of times, or just use the pedal switch for a couple of times. Is this normal? Runs smoothly with no problems some times... Grrrrrr

5. devnulljp

devnulljp Tele-Meister

Love my Bad Stone [​IMG]

These Foxey Ladies were built by EHX too

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. smithsonian

smithsonian Tele-Meister

I've always seemed to have an EHX in use. i guess i'm sort of a EHX fanboy because now my board is almost exclusively EHX. my chain is the Germanium2/big muff pi>EB VP jr T1M>deluxe memory boy>holy stain>valco montgomery ward head

7. Monotremata

Monotremata Tele-Afflicted

Only got two myself, and they are both not my cup of tea haha.
    I bought a Metal Muff in like 2006 and it almost immediately knocked my Boss HM-2 off my board. Around 2008-2009 the HM-2 came back again. I hadnt touched it since then and decided to try it out when I got my AC15C1 earlier this year. That thing sounds like absolute ass with the Vox but with my JCM800, its pretty much what the horrible Boss Metal Zone wishes it could be. Through my Vox, it sounds like the worst Boss DS-1 Ive ever heard haha. Dont get me wrong, for metal, it was awesome, and the Muff name should not have been used on it since I know a few people that have passed up checking them out because they thought it was yet another fuzz. But like I said, its a Metal Zone with balls, and its too high gain modern for me. Back to the fuzzy Sabbath grind of the HM-2 it is.

Bought an LPB-1 a few months back hoping to use it to juice my single coil Tele up to the output levels of my humbucker Strat but it didnt do it. By the time I had the level up enough to get it where I want the LPB is way to dark and turned into yet another OD pedal. I know it wasnt supposed to be a 'clean' boost so to speak but the things got more grind then a Tube Screamer or an SD-1. Sounded pretty cool and old school on its own, but Ive already got my dirt sound. Luckily it was only $20 on GCs used site. I probably shouldve returned it but it wouldve cost me more in gas to drive the hour to the closest GC and wasnt worth it. Ill probably use it for something one of these days..

I am very very VERY curious about the Memory Boy line though. The Memory Man model is pretty much the only thing I use in my Line 6 DL-4 so Id love to check out one of the real analog little brothers, and hopefully cut down on the clock noise my Line 6 puts out when I have it powered off my 1 Spot. Everytime Ive thought about dropping the cash on a MM, Ive always ended up telling myself 'Ive already got it in the DL-4' and never ended up doing it..

8. Il Duce

Il Duce Tele-Holic

My first pedal ever was a Big Muff I got for Christmas from my parents back in the mid 70's! Wish I still had her!:cry: Since then I've owned tons of EHX pedals. I've just started getting back into playing after a 7 year hiatus and right now the only EHX pedal I'm using is a Big Muff Pi w/Tone Wicker. I'm quite sure as my pedalboard grows that there will be quite a few more!:)

Attached Files:

9. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

Russ, how would you compare the Bass Big Muff to the Russian it's modeled after? I've found it comes pretty close, but just missing "something". How about you?

10. FilthyFur74

FilthyFur74 Tele-Holic

Anyone got a DMM w/TT 1100 and would like to share some good settings for slap back, etc. Haven't had mine long and would appreciate some suggestions. Cheers.

11. Il Duce

Il Duce Tele-Holic

I love my Big Muff Pi, but does anyone know if there's a way to mod the Big Muff Pi so you can lower the sustian beyond the stock lowest setting? Thanks!

12. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

Conflicting Reports. Oh No. What to do?
    I've been considering purchasing a HumDebugger. Most reviews I've read have been positive. My noise gate (Boss NS-2) works and all, but I want to kill the hum WHILE I'm Playing, not just when I'm not.
    I blame sun spots for the hum.

13. Cooper Black

Cooper Black Tele-Afflicted

I have the Deluxe Memory Boy and I love it. It sits in the effects loop of an AC30 and really sounds great. Easy to dial-in sounds, but the modulation can be finicky on longer delay times, since it changes sensitivity according to the time (an analog thing). You can really ride the edge of feedback/oscillation, too. Haven't hooked up an expression pedal, but it offers some extra functionality if you do.

Here's the AC30 cranked up with lots of modulated delay from the Deluxe Memory Boy. FWIW every other track is bone dry. AC30 with Deluxe Memory Boy

14. Il Duce

Il Duce Tele-Holic

I just got a used LPB-1 used at GC today for $29! I think this might have been the best $29 that I've ever spent on gear! This pedal ROCKS!!! I have a Ampeg GVT52-112 50 watt, 2 channel, all tube combo and I put it directly in front of my guitar in the chain and first tried it out on the clean channel and it added a little bit more grind to it, but when I switched to the gain channel is when it just blew my mind! It gave me a really creamy, smooth, fuzzy type sustain that is out of this world! I live in a apt, so I couldn't really crank her up tonight, but I can't wait til tomorrow to really hear how awesome she sounds when really pushed!:twisted:

Attached Files:

15. devnulljp

devnulljp Tele-Meister

This is my LPB2 ... the transistor was wired in the wrong way so it didn't do anything until I flipped the legs round .... EHX QC FTW!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Little Muff Pi -- not a Big Muff -- is excellent though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Monotremata

Monotremata Tele-Afflicted

What's the difference between the LPB-1 and 2???
    I think I actually dig my LPB-1 now. Tried it on full blast straight from my Tele into my AC15s Top Boost channel on 10 and BAM, I love it! Glad I didnt get rid of it last month!

Not only did I find a use for the LPB, I found a use for my Voxs TB channel too haha.

17. devnulljp

devnulljp Tele-Meister

AFAIK, the original LPB1 was a plug-in device, while the LPB-2 had a stomp switch. Don't know about the newer one ... not sure what's in it.

18. TheDTrain

TheDTrain Tele-Holic

Was playing with my Deluxe Memory Boy pedal today and heard this rhythmic clicking when it was off and on. It was loud and annoying. Any one else had that kind of trouble?

19. wrathfuldeity

wrathfuldeity Tele-Afflicted

Joined with ehx lpb2ube...nice versatile box. Just tried it with pedal board into cheap mixer for late night headphone noodling...HOLY Cow!

20. Pawnshopper

Pawnshopper Tele-Meister

Previously owned
    • Big Muff Pi
    • Bass Big Muff Pi
    • Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi
    Currently own
    • #1 Echo - the volume drop was annoying at first, but I got used to it.
    • The Worm - for trem or vibe, not so much for wah or phase

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.