Electric guitar capo recommendations?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jakedog, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Astro1176

Astro1176 Tele-Holic

I've used a Shubb a fair bit on electric, it works well for me. I haven't tried the dunlop.

2. brokenjoe

brokenjoe Friend of Leo's

Add me to the Shubb list. Use 'em for electric/acoustic, and got one for my banjo as well.

Albert Collins, when I met him in the early eighties, had a Price style horseshoe capo that he had wrapped in electrical tape where it met the strings

3. LFB1988

LFB1988 TDPRI Member

I've always used the Kyser, the acoustic version. The trick that my guitar teacher told me six years ago was to clamp the capo on a book or something like that, and leave it overnight or for a few days. It remedies a lot of the tightness you get with a new capo and doesn't put the guitar so out of tune.

4. born2tele

born2tele TDPRI Member

:D lol!

5. bo

bo Poster Extraordinaire

I don't like electric capos because they eat batteries. I prefer a Shubb. You can adjust the pressure, there's no spring to wear out, and if you wear the face of it out against the strings there are three other sides to it you can use.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.