1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Election Day...cast your guitar vote!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by tonedr, Nov 3, 2020.

1. 1stpitch

1stpitch TDPRI Member

No sparkle for me, or gold hardware. But can you take the pickguard and humbucker off the blue one and put it on the green one? That would get my vote.

tonedr likes this.
  2. beeflin

beeflin TDPRI Member

(oops - posted in wrong thread - can I delete?)

3. beeflin

beeflin TDPRI Member

None of the above! I'm spoiling my paper!

tonedr likes this.
  4. The Angry Possum

The Angry Possum Tele-Holic

Sonic Blue

tonedr likes this.
  5. warchol

warchol TDPRI Member

I'm a sucker for Seafoam Green

tonedr likes this.
  6. Moudi1

Moudi1 TDPRI Member

Well since my next tele must have hums I shall go with number 2. w/o the binding though!
    Just a selfish preference :)

tonedr likes this.
  7. Fred-paris

Fred-paris TDPRI Member

The first one is from RS Guitarworks? I'll vote for it 'cause I like their stuff.

tonedr likes this.
  8. Elliotman

Elliotman TDPRI Member

Finally, an election where all the choices are good! I'd say the sparkly Tele is my favorite.

tonedr likes this.
  9. Elliotman

Elliotman TDPRI Member

Those are some pretty 'Pauls.

10. tonedr

tonedr Friend of Leo's

all three are RS...love them too obviously.

11. tonedr

tonedr Friend of Leo's

thanks for the posts!

12. GearGeek01

GearGeek01 Tele-Meister

When I saw the title of this thread my first thought was "oh boy, I can pick my own candidates"... but now I see I am forced to enter in as a write-in vote for a 3rd Party (etc, etc)... For the now newly formed "American Party"...

For President, I nominate...
    - My 2018 Fender American Elite HSS Stratocaster in Olympic Pearl that I scored in mint condition with the original case and all case candy AT A PAWN SHOP for $675... certainly a strong economic decision for my personal country, with plenty of diversity to go around for even the most minority minded person in search of diversity. New foreign policy has been written among the solid steel saddles in the bridge and in the very smooth vibrato system on this particular model. Since there are no term limits on the Guitar Presidency, I will not only expect 4 more years after this term is up, but should I live long enough 40 more years with this gorgeous axe. President-elect Fender American Elite HSS Strat is sure to help my personal GDP skyrocket. The locking tuners will certainly breathe a breath of fresh security air with the guys over there at the Secret Service.
    American Elite Stratocaster HSS - 03.jpg

For my Vice Presidential nomination, I picked as a running mate...
    - My 2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, w/ hard case some dumb kid was selling for $150 (case included) on the Craigslist. This candidate grew up in a blue collar town in the hands of a non-union workforce and saw his share of abuse before entering into public service the day I bought it. The pickguard had been lost, the strap buttons had disappeared, the push/pull pot on the neck volume was broken, and one of the top hat control knobs on the neck tone pot was cracked. Somehow he sustained a very deep 6-inch gouge on the outside of the case. This veteran of foreign wars was soon to undergo a surgery that would save his life. Once in my possession, I gutted all the electronics and replaced everything with USA made parts, wire, pots, switch, jack and caps. Wired up like the veteran he was in 50s/vintage style, this soldier came back to life. This candidate was given a heart transplant with 2 brand new Dimarzio John Pettrucci pickups, a Dream Catcher in the bridge and a Rainmaker in the neck. A set of Dunlop female side strap buttons were attached and a "Jesus Our Lord" pickguard from GreasyGroove was added to acknowledge this candidate's Christian heritage. The total cost of the Federal tax payers for the upgrades was only $250. Just as economically sound and thrifty as the President-elect. Now he stands proud and strong as the Vice President-elect, ready to stave off all comers and take the seat of the Presidency should anything ever happen the President-elect Fender American Elite HSS Strat. Since I am hereby now President-Creator, I herewith change the law using my first executive order... and yes a candidate from Indonesia can now hold the office of the Vice President.
    DSCF1330sm.jpg

In my cabinet, for Secretary of State will be...
    - My 2018 Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster I got at a PAWN SHOP in mint condition for $300. Secretly hiding Department of State-like features under the hood, its not your Grandpa's Tele. A 4-way blade switch and an S1 push/push switch on the volume control creates a total spy-vs-spy appeal they even like way down in Benghazi. A highly skilled native of Mexico proficient at appointing ambassadors of tone throughout several nationalities of amps, Vox, Marshall, Mesa/Boogie, Hiwatt, Friedman, Dr. Z, Roland JC's, Vintage Fenders and more the world over The songs of diplomacy to the ears rings out loud and clear. Strong on economic values, true business-like in approach, improving relations to every person who comes in contact with this guitar's diplomatic policies. Seen here giving a speech before the United Nations...
    My Baja Tele - 6-25-19 (smaller - 800x600).jpg

The newly appointed United States Attorney General will be..
    - My 2017 Epiphone Ltd. Ed. Johnny A. Custom Outfit I bought new old stock from a mom and pop store that actually still had two of them in 2019. For an undisclosed employee discounted price, it came complete with the correct case, paperwork, silly Johnny A memorabilia and was still in the original shipping box from Epiphone, With all that going for him, and a law degree from Gibson University, this semi-hollow beast of a lawyer takes guff from no man or woman. Standing proud with an ebony fretboard, Gibson '57 Classic pickups, and an authentic Bigsby vibrato the law enforcement of our country will stand unwavering... unless of course some jack booted types might grab the Bigsby and give it a whirl. Sitting before the Senate on several occasions to testify when he was a Federal Judge, the Johnny A Custom Outfit is steel jawed, stern and ready to take over as the head of the United States federal law enforcement community. Another appointee from the great land of Indonesia...
    Epi _Johnny-A_Model_02.jpg

Since it is early on after the election and inauguration, several cabinet positions are yet to be filled. However President American Elite HSS Stratocaster has made his decision for a new Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)...
    - My 1998 Jackson Randy Rhoads RR5 in eerie dess swirl found at the same mom and pop store as was the Attorney General Johnny A. Custom Outfit. Yet another new old stock item that had been in the store since 1998, found in September of 2019 (21 years on the shelf). The price of this unit is top secret and classified. Though it seems to look like a heavy metal thrash guitar, this diplomatic operative is actually used to play roots electric blues. Infiltrating the ears of many abroad, often portraying an outer appearance of a heavier demeanor yet it reports to the State Department as being 100% home grown electric blues. Known to have dealt in illegal narcotics so that the CIA can raise secret funds and establish secret wars outside of Congressional appropriations. The spinning eerie dess swirl finish is often used as a weapon to mesmerize and interrogate extreme terror groups. Armed with a pair of Seymour Duncan 6 magnet microphone devices, the new Director has a solid grasp on the tone of intelligence in this country and the world abroad. Another foreign-born cabinet member, the Director/Agent RR5 hails originally from the island of Japan. Seen here disguised as a Windows desktop wallpaper...

Desktop Picture 10-8-20.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  13. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's

Jeez Louise Dale.
    1. Esquire - love. Binding - LOVE.
    2. Neck bucker - LOVE. More binding LOVE.
    3. Sparkles. Love

I have #2 so I would be all in on the Esquire.
    Final answer.

The collection of high-end cases is over the top as well.
    Calton? Hoffee? Karura?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  14. RichCuellarPDX

RichCuellarPDX Tele-Meister

Sparkle one!

tonedr likes this.
  15. TG

TG Doctor of Teleocity

download.png

16. teletdf

teletdf TDPRI Member

Esquire if it’s wired correctly (vintage). Otherwise, the ‘buckered sonic blue.

tonedr likes this.
  17. turfdoc

turfdoc TDPRI Member

I'll vote for the hummer, just turn the pickup around with the poles toward the bridge, and youve got a mean machine, aka Keith.

tonedr likes this.
  18. maxvintage

maxvintage Poster Extraordinaire

sonic blue

tonedr likes this.
  19. tehuti

tehuti TDPRI Member

Gotta go with the humbucker.

tonedr likes this.
  20. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I wanna sit down with my new guitar, get used to the idea of it, and just play the darned thing. Get back to the actual business of playing guitar and stop fussing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.