EHX String9

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
That is cool. Of course you're right, but now it's affordable, and the tracking has improved. I say that having owned both a GR-700 and the smaller blue one, GR-500 I think?
I GAS for the BOSS SY-200. It's the big brother of the SY-1 I have... and that thing has MIDI!
So... in a nutshell I could convert a guitar to a MIDI guitar without having to install extra things on the guitar itself.

Endless Mike

Friend of Leo's
I GAS for the BOSS SY-200. It's the big brother of the SY-1 I have... and that thing has MIDI!
So... in a nutshell I could convert a guitar to a MIDI guitar without having to install extra things on the guitar itself.
It's really cool that the technology has developed to the point it has. I wish it had been that good when I was interested and using it. for all their flaws, both the Roland GR-700/500 sounded really great.

backalleyblues

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
That is a hella nice sounding pedal! I wish EHX would jut gather all these pedals into 1 large programmable pedal-well worth it even north of $500 for such a good sounding collection!

That said, I have an SY-200, and while it’s not as flexible and programmable as it’s big bothers, it is a VERY useful pedal-the organ sounds alone are worth it, plus there’s some useful synth pads and other nice sounds. You definitely need a footswitch to make patch changes easier though-I kept turning the pedal off and on with my clodhopper feet!

Back to the String 9-Mike Matthews, get your pedal designers together and get the programmable version of the 9 series pedal out there already! Too many of us have creaky backs that don’t like bending over all the time to change a patch!

Franc Robert