EHX Neo Clone - is it really a chorus?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by marc2211, Apr 5, 2020.

1. marc2211

marc2211 Tele-Holic

I picked up a EHX Neo Clone pedal a few months ago as I wanted a chorus pedal for some Led Zep songs and to just play around with.

The issue I have is that the more I use it, I realise how much the pedal is an effect in its own right... Somehow more of a flanger or phaser than as chorus.

I have a MXR phase 90, so currently wondering if I'd be better off getting a boss chorus instead for a more pure chorus sound.

Just wondering on other people's thoughts on the EHX Neo Clone...

2. Si G X

Si G X Tele-Holic

it's a chorus .... but a none too subtle one I guess. If you want some lighter in the background chorus then you might better off with something else. The small clone was the first and last chorus I ever bought, so to me it's the classic chorus sound.

marc2211 likes this.
  3. wildschwein

wildschwein Tele-Afflicted

Boss CE-5 or CH-1 will give you a more generic chorus sound. It might be what you're after. Loads of vids out there on both.

marc2211 likes this.
  4. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

Boss CE-5. I bought it about 35 years ago and the only pedal that's never been off my board and I've never thought of replacing it. Having the E.Level knob (wet/dry blend) is a must, IMHO, of course.

marc2211 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.