EHx - Mirco POG

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Chickin-Pickin, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Chickin-Pickin

Chickin-Pickin Tele-Meister

Is there another pedal (less expensive) that has both the octave above and below like the Micro POG? I don't mind buying the Ehx and the used market seems limited but if there is an alternative I'd love to know about it.

Any suggestions?

2. baxterhuxtable

baxterhuxtable TDPRI Member

Mooer makes one

3. guitarzan13

guitarzan13 Friend of Leo's

Boss Harmoninst does that and way more. $170 and takes up less real estate on my board.

4. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

Check out the Earthquaker Devices Organizer. This is #1or #2 on my pedal wish list.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

5. Chickin-Pickin

Both this and the Organizer are looking pretty cool. The Organizer may be a bit more of what I want but I'll have to see what the research bears out.

The mooer pure octave isn't bad but I did see some negative feedback regarding the upper octave being out of pitch, but at $88 not a bad place to start.

Keep the suggestions coming.

6. CAAD8N8

CAAD8N8 Tele-Holic

I've had both the Organizer and the Pure Octave. The Organizer is very cool, but was a bit more than I needed. The Pure Octave served my needs fine, but i got it when you could get them for $44 on some websites. For $44 it was great, but I would never pay $88 for it.

7. Chickin-Pickin

Thanks that's good information. The best I've found so far for the Mooer is $88 on Amazon. The organizer isn't much less than the POG but seems like it may be a 2 trick pony as opposed to the POG which is a 1 trick pony.

8. Jubal81

Jubal81 Tele-Meister

I can't speak to the others, but I sold my Micro POG a while back because I hated the tone - very digital, like playing a cheap kids' keyboard through your amp.

9. Chickin-Pickin

It's the normal problem, I can't find one to try with ordering it and if I don't like it, having to send it back. I can't always get a good feel for the tone through youtube or other media.

I play in a worship band and just about every artist in that genre has a MicroPOG for ambient organy sounds. That doesn't mean it's right, but the other options above are helping out.

10. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

+1, barf tone :D

For some context to my comment, I also hate fancy ambient reverbs and synths in my own personal guitar playing.

11. teleworship21

teleworship21 Tele-Meister

I'm looking for something similar to the MicroPOG as well, because I have neither the means ($) nor the real estate on my pedalboard at this point for the EHX. I also play in a worship setting. I've looked at the Mooer and that would solve both my problems it seems. Small body and does what it needs to at a good price, even at $98 on GC.

The problem is, I really shouldn't buy another pedal. I just got a Blues Jr. for Christmas, as well as george L cables. Now I sold my ipad to my mother so I could impulsively buy a Nova Delay and VP Jr...

Hello my name is teleworship21 and I have GAS.

12. Chickin-Pickin

Hi Teleworship21, we meet... well all the time right here, but we just make GAS worse.

I know I need a bigger board. I need to re-do mine to make things fit better and I'll proabably get some new cables (Lavas look good). I need a digital delay to go along with my Carbon Copy and Faux tape echo + the octave + a trem pedal.

13. CAAD8N8

CAAD8N8 Tele-Holic

That's true. The Organizer is a little more versatile in my opinion. It did have a very loud pop noise when engaged though (atleast on my rig). The Mooer didn't have the popping issue. Might not be an issue for you, but was super loud on my rig. The guys at EQD were great at taking a look at it and decreasing the overall volume though. I play at church and thought I needed octave generation for swells, but hardly ever used either pedal, so they both have moved on. Good luck deciding!

14. Gunerius

Gunerius Tele-Holic

Get the boss! I love eqd,.the bit commander is the best drive.box ever! But as mentioned, the boss Harmonizer does that and so much more! It's a whammy, a Harmonizer and a organ emulator, at the same time its a chorus. I.reccomend

15. guitarzan13

guitarzan13 Friend of Leo's

This

16. WilburBufferson

WilburBufferson Tele-Afflicted

Isn't the Boss PS-3 highly desired? I saw some soundclips and really liked what I heard. Pricey and rare, though.

17. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I agree with this...I do like the octave down, but the octave up is just silly. I have one and can't sell it because my brother gave it to me as a gift.

18. karpis

karpis Tele-Holic

5th generation whammy

19. Chickin-Pickin

Thanks for all the replies. I'm really thinking about the Organizer. I looked at the features of the other pedals and I would probably never use them.

20. Chickin-Pickin

Just to wrap this thread up

I ordered the Earthquaker Devices Organizer from a seller on Reverb. It my first experience with that venue but seems to be going well so far.

Thanks for all the input.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.