1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

EHX Dirt Road Special, DV Mark Jazz combo, or Bluesbaby 22?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by tidalcast, Mar 1, 2021.

1. tidalcast

tidalcast Tele-Meister

Hi folks,

I'm trying to decide between these three amps. I've got a real jones for owning a reliable, fairly low weight solid state amp for when I don't feel like hauling out a tube amp(whether that be at home, recording sessions, or gigs when I get back to doing those). These three all caught my eye because of size and weight, as well as sound quality; I've got hypermobility in my shoulders, and there are days that they're just going to object to me hauling an amp up and down stairs that's much more than 30 pounds.

The DV Mark and EHX have the advantage of being able to try them before I buy them. The Bluesbaby I need to order, and then get/put together a cabinet for, but all the demos I've seen sound really, really good. I figured I'd reach out and see what folks think of each of them. I'm mostly an indie rock and blues guitarist these days. Something that'll play nice with a couple pedals(mostly a boost, chorus, and delay pedal) is the best bet for me. Thanks!

2. Martinp

Martinp Tele-Afflicted

I have no experience with the current production "dirt road specials" but the old ones were awesome, they had this awesome kinda phlegmatic distortion. try one

tidalcast likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.