EHX Attack Decay

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Paul in Colorado, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I just pre-ordered one of these as AMS is having a St. Paddy's Day sale and I'm a sucker for savings or special deals. I think with this, an E-Bow, delay and my lap steel and I can lose myself for quite a while. I don't know how useful it will be in a band situation, but we'll see!

chemobrain and Gunerius like this.
  2. hoboroadie

hoboroadie TDPRI Member

Cheaper than the Boss Slow Gear, I have had this on my list for a bit. Every once in a while you need to back into the notes.

3. jddub440

jddub440 Tele-Holic

I'm really interested in this effect too....looks like lots of possibilities!

4. Paul in Colorado

It's here! Full report when I get back from trying it out in the musical pleasure room...

IMG_20190326_150353.jpg

IMG_20190326_150444.jpg

jddub440, Gunerius and RetroTeleRod like this.
  5. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

It has been 9 minutes... still waiting.

6. Grandy

Grandy Tele-Meister

That Attack Decay demo impressed me big time. I have a Mooer Slow Gear for volume swells.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    StratmanSteve likes this.
  7. Paul in Colorado

OK, OK,! I'm back! First impressions...

I spent about an hour and a half with it last night. I put it in the signal chain after the compressor and before the Biyang Mouse (which was followed by a NuX Mod Core, TC Alter Ego V2 and a Zoom MS 70 CDR and into the amp set for clean) Guitar was my Parts-Esquire AKA "The Twangmaster." It took a while to get it set up. I studied the instructions and wished that they'd included some suggested settings. I'm going to re-watch the video and take some notes. But after reading and knob tweaking, more reading and knob tweaking, I found a setting I liked for swells. I used the Poly mode with a long Attack and a longer Decay and the Blend control all the way to the right. I messed with that for a long time trying it with different reverb and tremolo/vibrato settings on down the signal chain.That was fun!

I also tried the built in Harmonix Fuzz. That alone to me was worth the price of admission. I guess it's a Muff variant of some kind? But on it's own it had good sustain and was rich in harmonics. Add that to the swell effect and it's, uh, pretty swell! :D Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm going to do more watching and reading and taking some notes and messing with it more. I feel like I'm just scratching the surface. I haven't even tried putting anything in the loop yet and I don't have an expression pedal. I'll have more info about it before too long. But so far the feeling is that I've spent more on pedals I liked less. Am I going to use it all of the time? Probably not unless I join some kind of ambient project. I can't compare it to a Slow Drive or any other such pedals as I've never tried one. But right now I'm cautiously impressed.

Mouth, jddub440 and artdecade like this.
  8. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Holic

I should not have watched that video!

The description sounded like "so what", until I saw some of the applications. Very interesting.

Then you mentioned the fuzz...

Edit: have you tried the effects loop?
    I should have one by Saturday. :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Paul in Colorado likes this.
  9. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Bill Rupert has a cool job - love that lil Crim he sneaked in there.

10. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Holic

But the Roy was cheatin'!!

11. Paul in Colorado

Haven't tried the loop yet. I'll have some time this weekend to experiment more.

12. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I listen to that demo and I hear Adrian Belew (which is a great thing).

Remember Big Electric Cat? Seems like a pedal that you could get very creative with.

13. Paul in Colorado

I saw him with King Crimson back in the '80's (I think). I felt like I was hearing music of the future.

studio1087 likes this.
  14. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I usually feel as though I have all the gear I want, and lust after very little. However, I want pretty much every new pedal EHX releases.

chemobrain and Paul in Colorado like this.
  15. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

how strange I have an E-bow, delay and lap steels, small world and I ordered the Electro Harmonix Attack Decay pedal this morning.
    I have loopers, TC electronic Ditto and Ditto X 4 that may be heading for Frippotopia besides I won't be out on the corner after dark with these levels of distracting options you know it accepts an expression pedal that can be programed to do multiple things at once
    oh every body already knew that. perhaps forming a new club will be in order for this pedal.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.