Egnater Tweaker Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by hooch1, Jun 15, 2010.

1. j10fingers

j10fingers TDPRI Member

I've started using the Red Box with my tweaker so that I can get the full sound with my looper. Music is not my profession, but I hace been VERY pleased with this addition.

2. Brudr

Brudr Tele-Meister

I can probably add to this (and to the customer service follow up post). First, just let me say that I am a Tweaker 40(head) owner and I do very much like the amp. I bought it new a little over a year ago and it lasted about 10 months of light use). The power supply burned up during a practice about 3 months ago. It was under warranty so I did follow the on-line instructions regarding warranty claims. I never got a response via email, so I called and left a message. I did receive a call back within 24 hours. The tech I spoke with assured me it would be fixed properly and from his tone, he knew the problem immediately. The amp was fixed and now has an internal cooling fan mounted & new power supply (different type). I was responsible for shipping to the repair location (about $85 for from WV to Los Angeles) which I think is a bit low class. However, the amp was repaired and the design flaw fixed. It has been working fine for about a month now and I gigged with it last week. I do beleive customer service could be a bit better with this company, but they do offer one of the longer warranties in the business.

3. tom310

tom310 Tele-Meister

But, the warranty is only as good as the service that backs it up. I just can't believe that a major amp manufacturer has such a poorly regarded customer service reputation. Customer service is the face of the company. Whether fair or not, customers will judge a company's reputation on how well they get treated by representatives of the company, and a poor customer service experience can turn potential return customers away. I think it's obvious that Egnater has a lot of work to do with their customer service.

4. rdo1708

rdo1708 Tele-Holic

I finally got to try out my Tweaker 88 at a rehearsal/audition last night. Let me just say... This thing is a BEAST! Sounded awesome all night. I think I'm a KT88 tube convert. The bass response and natural late breakup is phenomenal. I have ZERO complaints about this amp. :D

5. Tritone

Tritone TDPRI Member

Love my Tweaker. It's my only amp right now.

[​IMG]

6. Edgewood

Edgewood TDPRI Member

I bought the 15 watt Tweaker last week and I believe this is the start of a very nice friend ship. It seems to love Humbuckers.

7. dlc1953

dlc1953 Tele-Meister

Well count me in! Picked up a Tweaker 40 combo today. Let you know in a week how she does!

8. jorbjorb

jorbjorb Tele-Meister

Fack this is my next amp

9. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

Tweaker 1x12 cab...

I have just got the tweaker 1x12 to pair with an Orange Micro Terror 20W head. So far so good- It sounds great- love the cleans , wide tonal response, and great grit when overdriven- here they are posing with the Wife's lefty Affinity Tele…oh- and happy Biggun' kitty in hallway- just chillin':cool:

Attached Files:

10. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The Celestion G12H-30 (which comes in the Tweaker 1x12) is a great speaker, I have the stock one in my Tweaker cab and another one in a Mesa Mini Rectifier 1x12 cab.

11. heshan

heshan Tele-Meister

Hey guys. I've been hunting for a new all-tube combo for a while now, and the Tweaker 15w combo is one that I've been very interested in

I just want to get some ideas on reliability etc. I know the thing sounds great - I've heard demos, read reviews, and all that. But I also read a (very) few reviews - two I think - which complained about the reliability and build quality of Egnater amps. Not specifically the Tweaker 15 combo, but a couple of Egnater products in general. This was on Amazon, actually

I've been offered a 1-year old Tweaker combo for a good price (good, in local terms, at least) and I'm thinking about snapping it up. But I just want to know what I'm getting into, and I don't want to rush into a bad deal

Thanks!

12. 68Telebass

Whew! I thought you would hustle over here!
    I just got the 1x12 Egnator cab that has the same Celestion speaker as the combo you are looking at- my new amp post w/pics are here in this owned thread

I understand you are oversears, and equipment is often catch as catch can. (Yeah...no guitar center and free shipping from Sweetwater for you
    I love the speaker- it will be great for both home and small rehearsals etc.

Can't comment on the amp- but you are on a tropical area check the inside of the amp for corrosion or salt- bring a screwdriver and a small flashlight- if he doesn't want to let you check- walk away,,,
    Let us know-
    Carl

13. heshan

heshan Tele-Meister

Thanks :) Yeah, I guess this needs a bit of a thorough check. I'm not sure I'd be able to spot anything wrong with the innards of an amp, me being rather inexperienced with this stuff, so I'm not that inclined to go down this route anyway. Maybe new would be better

And maybe I'd go for a head/cab, if I save up more for it. A Rebel 20, maybe!

14. dlc1953

dlc1953 Tele-Meister

Well so far ,pretty good! Picked up and additional Tweaker 1x12 cab. Should be here next week. Gonna change out the stock comb speaker and go Scumback M75.Lotta variations in this Amp.

15. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Playing the amp for a bit should tell most of what you need to know about it. If there are some cosmetic issues or other issues that cause some concern bargain for a better price to compensate for work which may need to be done to it.

As for the Rebel, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I thought THAT was the amp that was causing some problems not the Tweaker. Another option would be to simply buy a Tweaker head and then find a speaker cabinet that runs well with it.

16. uffeiac

uffeiac TDPRI Member

I have been hauling around, giging and rehearsing with my little Tweaker 15 for a couple of years now and it haven't let me down yet. Knock on wood. ;)

17. 68Telebass

Heshan-
    If you are considering getting a head and cab- check out the Orange Micro Terror 20W. Super small, light, and MEAN when you want it to be- you can run an 8 or 10inch at home, throw the MT head in your pocket (I'm not kidding) and plug into a 4x10 Marshall at rehearsal. It sounds better and better the bigger cab you throw at it!!!!
    Got my wife's used for $100US- they may even ship it to you free:)
    Check it out- Carl

18. 68Telebass

Check out Orange Micro Terror discussed in my previous post :)

19. heshan

heshan Tele-Meister

Thanks for the replies, guys. Good to hear! I'll check on the used Tweaker over here ASAP. As for the Orange, I'm not sure about it - but if I get a chance to demo it somewhere I'll give it a shot :)

20. 68Telebass

Yes- play through the Egnater that would solve everything right away if it's a keeper-
    As for the orange- check out the YouTube of the fellows at Albertons Music, UK, they do a spirited review that is a lot of fun- they go from small all the way up. Funny guys as well- pretty good chops for amp demo
    Carl

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.