Egnater Tweaker 40 Proven itself? Cut loose.

Arfage

Tele-Meister
In looking at "grab and go" 1x12 combos, I see The Tweaker 40 just won't go away after many years. What do you have to say about this amp? How many stars does it get and why?

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I've got a Tweaker 15 that I've had for quite a few years. I do recall that the 40s had problems with bad transformers, but a lot of people upgraded them and were quite happy with them after that.

teleman14

Tele-Meister
I got a 15 watt in a trade two weeks ago. Still working through it,so I’m interested to see what is said about it

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I got a 15 watt in a trade two weeks ago. Still working through it,so I’m interested to see what is said about it

The first thing you'll want to do is replace the stock tubes (if still in it) with something better. And just about anything is better! The difference is night and day.

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
What brand are the bad stock tubes?

I honestly don't remember, I'd have to dig around and see if I still have the ones that came in mine. I switched mine out to Mesa branded tubes, simply because I have a lot of Mesa amps so I keep a supply of Mesa tubes, and that little amp came to life. And it's self biasing, so any octal power tubes are literally plug & play.

teleman14

Tele-Meister
I honestly don't remember, I'd have to dig around and see if I still have the ones that came in mine. I switched mine out to Mesa branded tubes, simply because I have a lot of Mesa amps so I keep a supply of Mesa tubes, and that little amp came to life. And it's self biasing, so any octal power tubes are literally plug & play.

don’t worry about it, I just took a look and they’re Egnater labeled.
So, yeah...