Egnater Tweaker 40 owners club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Fourstringclover, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Fourstringclover

Fourstringclover TDPRI Member

Thought I'd start this for the other 40 owners, I noticed the tweaker club is for the 15 and mostly uninterested in speaking about a different amp. I've owned the 15 at one time but the 40 is a separate animal. I really love my 40, more so with all stock tubes swapped out. I've got a custom ported 1x12 cab with a wizard that does a great British accent, and am planning to build a pair of 1x15 for these old Jensens to get BI-Gass American tones!! I do come, from the home of Bigfoot after all...and yes, hes a Ford man too! 'Murica. Big is what we do.

Personally, I like to think I'm too young still to go small or give up mah tubes for convenience sake but that day will come, if I'm lucky anyway.

As a former bassist, my oversized 1x12 cab and tw 40, along with a spring reverb unit and REALLY oversized peadalborad are pretty portable by comparison to my old bass rigs. Especially when I love to drive coupes, not being able to lift the cab alone was problematic. Now my rig fits fine, and there's still room for female passengers! Lol

Let us know what kind of cab and spk you use it with, or if you have made any speaker swaps if a combo, and what tubes swaps, reverbs, ect...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    bftfender and blueruins like this.
  2. tooloud

tooloud Tele-Meister

I have a Tweaker 40 gigged with it for a while its a good amp the two channels made it pretty easy to use live... I now have a Friedman Runt 50 I am using live it kills....

3. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

I got a 40 head in trade and was just getting into all my tweaking when it blew the tranny. So I put aside and eventually fixed it, but haven't really gotten back to it. Maybe today is the day. Got a good deal on a 2x12, so it's just waiting to get all plugged up.

Any suggestions on settings for a good blackface style?

Fourstringclover likes this.
  4. Fourstringclover

Fourstringclover TDPRI Member

Welcome fellow owners!!

Too loud, is yours the combo or head vers? An you still use it at home or did you put it aside? I wouldnt blame you, that Friedman is in another class I bet.

Backporchmusic, you should try it with the new cab an let us know what ya think. Maybee they like each other and play nice? You must have been interested enough to keep and fix it I imagine.

As for BF sound, I found that using the mid-cut switch on ch.1 will help give that scooped mid, and not using it on ch.2 will give more mids for higher gain. Helps make up for just 1 eq. Same with the bright switch. It also seems to sound best with the master high or around noon when possible, as alot of amps do.

At first I used ch.2 on hot for gain, but it is really dang hot and loud. Later I figured out they can both be on clean just with more gain on 2. It's strange but I just kind thought 1=clean chanel, 2= gain channel. Maybee just force of habbit I guess. This is one of the unique things about the 40 tho, it can have 2 hot channels or 2 clean channels, as most amps it's one of each.
    Could use 2 as a clean boost even. Another option is have 2 set up for your 2nd guitar that has lower or higher output. Say if you are strictly rhythm player, or you prefer pedal dirt.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.