Egnater cab deal

Chud

Poster Extraordinaire
Just a PSA here.

I picked up an Egnater Rebel 112x at the beginning of the year for $279 new and that was a deal. They’re $199 right now across retailers. I just picked up another. Great oversized closed back 12” cab.

Chud

Poster Extraordinaire
The new Rebel 112x arrived this afternoon and I have the three Egnaters set how I think I’m going to run them at least for now.

E3CE40FF-AC75-4C3E-A865-887F9B7BBEEF.jpeg DC054923-64CE-4BA1-B8B4-329A7B690BA4.jpeg

I have the Tweaker 112x and one of the Rebel 112x’s going through my switching system to be able to cycle through heads. The other Rebel will run the Tweaker head for now.

Putting the Rebel and Tweaker head to head through the same amps, they both have pretty solid bottom end and articulation, though the Rebel is a bit more focused and full. According to Bruce Egnater, the Celestion Elite 80 is a private label version of the Celestion Classic Lead 80 with some low end tweaks. Between that and the closed back cab design, it makes sense there’s more low end on the Rebel than on the Tweaker.

DDAEC895-464D-4BFD-B4C5-E203F4CF88BF.jpeg

The Tweaker sounds rich and full though, maybe a bit more mid forward which would make sense given the open back and that the speaker is a higher powered version (50w rms) of the Celestion G12-H30.

If you’re looking for a high(er) powered 1x12 cab, I highly recommend grabbing one or more while they’re at $199. Definitely can’t go wrong. Even if you end up changing the speaker out, you're still ahead of the cost of most well built 1x12 cabs. And if a comment from the other Egnater thread is accurate about all Egnater products being discontinued, I’d keep an eye out for other deals too.

Last edited:

Vibroluxer

Friend of Leo's
Just a PSA here.

I picked up an Egnater Rebel 112x at the beginning of the year for $279 new and that was a deal. They’re $199 right now across retailers. I just picked up another. Great oversized closed back 12” cab.

Can you send a link? All I'm finding are full price heads.

Thanks

Vibroluxer

Friend of Leo's
I looked this morning and it looks like they're all gone. They went quickly.

Thanks again for the heads up and taking the time to look. Hopefully they will return.

Sweetwater has the Egnator Tweaker 15 head and it includes the loaded cab for 499. Includes shipping.

Chud

Poster Extraordinaire
Yep, I’m seriously thinking about grabbing another of the tweaker 15 head/cab deals before they’re gone. Sell the head, keep the cab.

Chud

Poster Extraordinaire
And I just saw the 1x12 rebel cab is back on Sweetwater, but at the original price of $349.