Effin' Rick Miller And His Guitar Tones.

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by cometazzi, Feb 19, 2020.

1. cometazzi

cometazzi Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Listen listen listen:

SCOTS collects a lot of vintage gear and it gets played out live, like it should be. I feel like it's a large part of why Rick Miller's guitar tone is always amazing. Unfortunately, their gear also gets stolen a lot. Pretty much everything you see in the 'Roadside Wreck' video has been nicked after one of their shows.

Even though they write silly songs with silly lyrics I love them to death, and I feel like the music backing up those silly lyrics is super solid. A few years ago they played a local place here called the High Noon Saloon, and I finally got to see them. They're the coolest, kindest musicians I've ever met, and their show was the most fun I've ever had at a concert.

So there.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    stevemc, bo, willie ray and 2 others like this.
  2. skunqesh

skunqesh Tele-Holic

Use HiLo Trons, for that great trashtastic overdriven twangified swampstompin gator bitten sound. add partaylikker at yer own peril.

3. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

I've seen them twice, great band, nice folks, really fun show! BTW, for Beat Poetry, it's hard to top " Plastic Seat Sweat."

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.