Efficient 12 inch speaker for a Princeton Clone

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by Whoa Tele, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Kozmo

Kozmo TDPRI Member

+1 on the JBL. Original or good recone makes a difference. I'm currently running an original cone K120 in my BFPR and it's a loud and tonefull little booger. Just played an outdoor show with it yesterday and it held together quite well.

2. dan40

dan40 Tele-Afflicted

Celestion Golds also sound very good in a PR circuit. Plenty of volume and nice, tight bass.

3. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

The rule of Fender preamps - volume goes up, treble must come down a smidge, bass must come down a bit more. Treble 6 bass 3-4 with volume anywhere above 5.

The treble control in the FMV circuit is like a master volume. Too much treble with any decent output guitar pickups will also push bass up.

4. Whoa Tele

Whoa Tele Friend of Leo's

Thanks guys. I've also found the mid knob has to stay around 4 as the volume goes up. I really appreciate all the tips and suggestions.

5. GeoB

GeoB Tele-Holic

I use Jensen. Now made in Italy. Their website has a fill in page for amp used. Sound desired etc... and they get back with a recommendation.

I put Falcon 10" in my amp and have been pleased. My mid 60s DR had Jensons, and they did a nice job.

The questionnaire results seemed accurate.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.