1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Effects Loop for Blues Junior: Design/Features Questions

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Billm, Jun 8, 2011.

1. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

It's a matter of buffering and impedance matching. It just so happens your volume pedal plays nice with your Vox effects loop.

2. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

Maybe it's time for The Bill M. Whole Hog Amp. Hey, Bill... if the package gets in your way it's time to change the package!

How 'bout this:

Amp looks like a Princeton Reverb or a Boogie Mark 1. Same chassis! That gives you a little more front panel real estate and even better, a whole lot more back panel real estate. That gives you room for extenstion speaker jacks, foot switch jacks and your effects loop send and return.

Make it available with 2x EL84, 2x 6V6, 2x 5881 or (woo-hoo!) 4x EL84 switchable 18 /30 watts. Musicians eat that up even though the full power mode is only imperceptibly louder than half power.

Why should Andy Fuchs have all the fun?!

3. Phil_tre

Phil_tre Tele-Holic

...free bump for future...
    I want the effect loop !!

4. Billm

Billm RIP

How to make a small fortune in custom guitar amps:
    First, start with a large fortune....

The custom amp world is pretty crowded these days. I'm happy with my little niche.

5. panicden

panicden NEW MEMBER!

Effects loop for my Blues JR

Is there any life left in this thread? I would so Love to see you come up with something for a loop in a JR. Seems you put this on a back burner back in 2008 Is there any chance that you may have figured out a way to make this work?

6. laidback

laidback TDPRI Member

I see this is a pretty old thread. But it would be cool to have a point-to-point kit for the amp, lose the ribbon cables, improve on the layout to get rid of the oscillation issue. I've done the basic mods to 2 juniors and the difference is night and day. If you own one of these and don't love it, you owe it to yourself to try the basic mods.

7. TeleMonkey

TeleMonkey TDPRI Member

So, looking at BillM's site, I don't see any offerings for the loop. Has this been put on the back backburner? :)

8. Billm

Billm RIP

Sorry, I haven't pursued this at all. Got distracted in a nice way by the Excelsior and still have tons of kits to send out and amps to mod.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.