Edge falls off the edge in Vancouver, still hasn't found what he was looking for

3 Chord

Friend of Leo's
Another example of workplace injury due to lack of attention. No where in modern workplace do we allow a platform without a handrail and toeboard . This really shouldn't come as a surprise.

Tony474

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Another example of workplace injury due to lack of attention. No where in modern workplace do we allow a platform without a handrail and toeboard . This really shouldn't come as a surprise.

Fer sure. He should clearly have been wearing a hi-viz jacket and a hard hat too.

3 Chord

Friend of Leo's
Fer sure. He should clearly have been wearing a hi-viz jacket and a hard hat too.

The ppe that you suggest do not prevent elevated work injuries!

But all joking aside, I dont like to see folks get hurt. He is not the first performer to fall off a stage. Maybe its time for a simple toe board.

slinger

Friend of Leo's
.........but I...stiiiiilllllllll...haven't fouund...a rubber floor!....

hope the dudes ok

Mid Life Crisis

Poster Extraordinaire
The ppe that you suggest do not prevent elevated work injuries!

But all joking aside, I dont like to see folks get hurt. He is not the first performer to fall off a stage. Maybe its time for a simple toe board.

If only they'd had a bright light at the edge of the stage so he could see where he was going.

maxvintage

Poster Extraordinaire
I chuckled and then felt bad about it--the guy could have gotten hurt badly. I'm glad he didn't. Then i chuckled again because U2 is a bunch of pompous wankers. Still mad at them for giving me that album I didn't want. Still, he could have been badly hurt, glad he wasn't.

The whole stage setup though, the grandiosity, Bono warbling on..

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
They started using hay bales around racetracks decades ago. I could see adding some along the floors around stages. That black stage floor did seem to fade into the crowd, but it did have a lighted up border. No fun watching him fall from my perspective, but the "Runway, Bloody Runway" comment made me chuckle. :oops:

Swampash&Tweed

Friend of Leo's
I imagine out there on a long runway , all the lights, your playing a guitar , it could get a bit deceiving. I bet his ego is pretty bruised but he will get over it. And I'm glad he wasn't wearing his Gibson Explorer. Would have looked like EVH's Ibanez copy after a tumble like that.

Tele Probably just needed a re tune.

redstringuitar

Poster Extraordinaire
All the stick Edge takes for using so much delay.

Being in a band with Bono.

...and he goes and falls off the bloody stage!

If Carlsberg did stuff that sucks...

Last edited:

Swampash&Tweed

Friend of Leo's
I chuckled and then felt bad about it--the guy could have gotten hurt badly. I'm glad he didn't. Then i chuckled again because U2 is a bunch of pompous wankers. Still mad at them for giving me that album I didn't want. Still, he could have been badly hurt, glad he wasn't.

The whole stage setup though, the grandiosity, Bono warbling on..

I wouldn't mind seeing KISS guitarist Tommy Thayer fall off the stage ...........:rolleyes:

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
He must have been playing with his eyes shut , unless the follow spot was right in his eyes. He had so much reflective tape on the walk way. Any bets the stage set up will be different the next night?, He only bruised himself, Aw the luck of the irish!

waparker4

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I am so afraid of ledges I don't think I could even walk down that runway much less walk and play guitar without looking down