EDEN group rates

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Tuxedo, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Tele-Holic

Everyone please read post #39. Lemme know if you want to be taken off the list. No prollems, peeps.

As of right now I have the minimum amount of people (hopefully no one drops out), but I can still get some before I ask for the invoice from EDEN. He's sending me the shipping cost tomorrow and I asked for an additional discount :twisted: (no promises). THANKS EVERYONE!

Wondering if anyone's interested in ordering some necks and bodies at a group rate.

The benefit is that I can get ash bodies and unfinished T necks. Both of which are difficult to order direct, but they said they'd do it for multiples. The minimum for necks would be 12 and bodies are 6. They can custom(verb) tuner holes that would fit Klusons instead of their normal standards. Skunk trusses are another option.

$28.80 neck (unfinished maple T-headstock, skunk-truss, Kluson holes; I'm still talking to him)
    $39.19 body (unfinished ash T)

Tuxedo (me): 2 necks, 2 bodies
    Shepherd: 2 necks, (1 S neck, 1 S body, 1 LP body)
    guitarbuilder: 1+ neck
    discogravy: 1 neck, (1 body ?)
    RodeoTex: 2 necks
    steve gibson: 3 necks
    HOBBSTER01: (1 neck, 1 body ?)
    cpeters01: 2 necks, 2 bodies
    mudbean: 1 neck, 1 body
    Colt W. Knight: 2 necks
    Buckocaster51: 1 neck, 1 body
    -Vampyre-: (1 lefty neck) maybe
    LK: 1 neck, 1 body
    Gone Fission: 1 neck, 1 body
    TCASTJOE: 1 neck, 1 body

Total: 19+ necks, 9 bodies

Goal: 12 necks, 6 bodies (minimum order)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

3. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Ad Free Member

What kind of ash are they using for the bodies? Northern or Swamp? How many pieces do they use in a body, 2,3, or more? What kind of prices are you looking at? I could be interested in some necks if they can do a one pc with a walnut stripe.
    Marty

4. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Tele-Holic

Hong Kong I think. He has a chinese name.

$28.80 for the necks, but I'm thinking I could get this for less if it's unfinished. I would have to get some money for shipping once they get to me. I'm not making any money off of this. I just wanted a group rate.

The ash bodies I'll have to find out, but they probably will not be one piece since they're so cheap at $39.19.

I have to order a minimum of 12 necks and 6 bodies. All one style.

I'm thinking maple necks and ash bodies, all unfinished, 'cos they don't make a lot of them. They can do a skunk truss, but I'm not sure if it's extra or free. I have to contact him again.

I'm probably getting 2 of each for myself. So I need to offset 4 bodies and 10 necks.

5. discogravy

discogravy TDPRI Member

i'm interested in a neck and maybe a body, assuming the quality is not garbage

would they be routed for pickups already?

6. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

You could sign me up for a couple of unfinished maple necks. Of course I'd prefer they didn't have the Eden brand on the heel but I could live with that.

7. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Tele-Holic

discogravy,

I think they're passable quality, but for the price it's just a freakin' fun deal. It would be my first project, actually.

RodeoTex,

I'll write you down. The great thing is by doing the group rate it won't be laminated necks. I could get him to forgo the EDEN stamp, perhaps. I'll ask when I order them.

8. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Tele-Holic

Yeah, they're routed for bridge and neck pickups.

9. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

When they were selling out of Vancouver, a 2pce alder body for $54 list was $80, 3pce ash body went for $33 list was $56, a Tele neck for $33 list was $60. Those were cash prices. They have since moved to CA. On both web sites all prices are O.B.O. so there's plenty of room to haggle. I've seen paddle head necks go for $21, just cut your own shape. So you cant mix and match say a Tele and Strat body?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  10. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Tele-Holic

So you think I can get it for even less than the dealer rates if I just ask? That's a good idea.

Paddle-head—that's an idea. They're doing the T head-shapes included. That eliminates the trouble of using a template. I mean it's cheap enough as it is, but I hear you.

Also, they may have adjusted prices due to the economy, but I'm not certain.

11. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

Chinese love to haggle, just be a hard ass and tell them you'll go somewhere else. You can probably get the neck for $42 and body for $56 including shipping from the guy in CA. but the selection isnt that great right now. I think he's just a middle man, maybe give him a shout. Are you in contact with the actual manufacturer?

12. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Tele-Holic

As far as I know, I think so. At first I tried to get him to make an unfinished neck and an ash body for me and he told me he would if I ordered a batch, 'cos they normally didn't make them like that.

I'll probably haggle the shipping out of him. I feel kind of bad 'cos it's so cheap, but that's what I love about capitalism…which Hong Kong seems to be really really good at doing.

13. boozer

boozer Tele-Meister

okay so i just went onto the fleabay and was checking things out. and saw those lp's which for a 120 look great, plus if you read the fine print it ships in an abs hardcase. shipping is 100 so for 220 you get guitar and hardcase!!! but then i worry about straight necks and so on.
    has anyone bought and had luck with any of these?
    so to hi jack. its sorta on topic.

14. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

15. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Tele-Holic

16. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

The guy I was dealing with in Vancouver's name was Bruce. When I asked his name he said "just call me Bruce" which kinda made me laugh at the time. Really nice guy. He was selling parts out of his apartment.

17. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Tele-Holic

Hmmm…that's weird. Isn't it the same company though, Vancouver and HK?

18. Nick88

Nick88 Tele-Meister

i recently bought an eden neck from the hong kong shop. The ebay listings are for 'Buy it now or best offer'. I put in an offer for $20 and it was accepted immediately.
    I realise this was for a finished neck, but you should be able to haggle down further than $28.80.

Just giving you a heads up :p

19. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Tele-Holic

Thanks, I'll start to haggle when I get enough people so that I have some leverage. :cool:

Cheng wrote back:
    "1.The bodies sometimes are made of 2 pcs woods,And sometimes are made of 3 pcs woods.It will depend on the factory's design.We can't ensure it."

20. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Tele-Holic

He sent this today:
    1.Commonly it takes about 7-15 days on its way by air mail
    > when the package have been shipped out.
    >
    > 2.We need 20-30 days to product the items for you.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.