1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Economical Question???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by bender72, Jan 30, 2009.

1. bender72

bender72 Tele-Holic

You guys think about pricing as far as what used gear is worth??? Seems like I try to stick to around 60% of the 'New' price for used gear that's in reall good shape, not mint, but good shape. Anything less than 60 I seriously consider purchasing and anything over that, I tend to shy away from......

Just a thought.....

2. winny pooh

winny pooh Friend of Leo's

I usually also work on a 66% ratio re buying on ebay and privately. Anything closer to 50-40% is in bargain territory for me.

3. Warren Pederson

Warren Pederson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

It's up to the buyer to establish value. As in all things. In places where money is tight these days (where isn't it?) you'd be lucky to turn any used goods into one third of the new value as in cash-in-hand. Maybe less. Try it. Maybe you'll be lucky. Then again....maybe you won't.

4. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash Doctor of Teleocity

Depends on what it is.

Factor in this economy and I guess it doesn't depend on anything rational anymore :)

5. Telarkaster

Telarkaster Friend of Leo's

Anymore? It's been quite a while since Alan Greenspan's "Irrational exuberance" remark: internet bubble, real estate bubble, it's been years since the economy made sense.

As for the original post: used gear is worth exactly what some one is willing to pay for it. If it cost $100 new, but only 3 were ever made, then you can be sure that someone will pay $1000 for it and be happy.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.