Ebay selling advice?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ddhr, Oct 10, 2003.

1. ddhr

ddhr Tele-Holic

I have sold plenty of stuff on our Garage Sale page. I'd like to venture to ebay. Can anyone steer me in the right direction and help me from making mistakes? I could use the benefit of your experience. Thanks!

2. Michael R

Michael R Tele-Holic

Just basice advice from here, be honest and accurate with your item descriptions and never ship anything until you receive payment, and look around at other items like you are selling to get ideas for how you want your ad to look. Good luck.

3. reverbbb

reverbbb Friend of Leo's

HTML

If you know a little HTML for formating, that is very helpful. It is very unreadable to put a lot of information in one long continuous paragraph.

They have a HTML cheat sheet link. Use that and list your features in a bulleted list. Avoid putting your email address as your login anme or in the body of the add. This would be a short cut for spam and virus mailers.

Clear photos help you get more serious bids. Poor photos of a great item, drives the lookers crazy and they sense that you are inexperienced, leading them to have less trust in you.

You need to have a few + feedbacks before you put high ticket items up. (0) feedback sellers get less bidders and lower prices. Sell about 5 to 10 items that cost less than $100 on short 3 or 5 day auctions. This will build up your rating quickly. (If you treat them right and they get a good deal).

4. ddhr

ddhr Tele-Holic

Thanks for the input guys!

Great advice, esp. on building feedback.

5. cowboy

cowboy Tele-Meister

I'd just add that being a good buyer on ebay....

can help your feedback ratings. It's not a bad idea to look at buying some items as well as selling...good part is that you can do it with any items...I got 15 sets of Ernie Ball Slinky 10's for $45 including shipping.

One thing I'd watch closely as a buyer & seller is shipping. The costs can be a killer. later..

cowboy

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.